Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on ebay, am current high bidder but know I most likely won't go as high as some will be willing to bid. If someone has their heart set on this feel free but it won't go cheap, I'll help make sure of it.

This guy is gonna do OK. :grin:

PS Don't tell Quick about this, he has WAAAYY too many Handi's. Just kiddn quick!

357 Max barrel

·
Registered
922 Posts
O sorry man. I bid on it before i knew you were the high bidder. I know i will prolly be out bid.....but hey i can say i bid on it. Sorry i ran up the price....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Dirty Tiger, the .357 Maximum is just a longer .357 Mag. You can shoot .38spl, .357mag, .357max and a couple of the shorter obsolete cartridges in it.

I dont think I'll even bother bidding on this.. I'd love to have it though, but after watching other Handy barrels go for God awful amounts I don think I'll waste my time. lol

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
357 Maxie

Dirty Tiger, 357 Maxie can shoot all 3 plus some others,
Plus I think maybe rebore ones are better if the orignal Maximum
was long throated like 357 Mag. Just my 2 cents. Marv.

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
handirifle said:
PS Don't tell Quick about this, he has WAAAYY too many Handi's. Just kiddn quick!
You're safe, I already have one!!! :-D :-D :-D

Tim

·
Registered
790 Posts
question from a under educated handi man, i thought barrels had to be factory fitted due to looser machining tolerances? what do you do to ebay barrels since they weren't fitted to your rifle? and any heavy barreled .308 Ultras :D on ebay?

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
cheatermk3 said:
Yup, that caliber is expendable for me I've thought about reboring/rechambering that one to 35 whelen, but the twist rate is wrong, or I would already have done it. :lol:

Tim

·
Registered
922 Posts
well my high bid didn't last too long. Got out bid at $76.

As for the fitting process it's not all that hard just check Quicks fitting procedure in the FAQs at the top of the page.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sniper
They usually do but we are finding more and more they just fit right on. Some mods may be necessary on this one since the factory MAX barrels are older ones.

·
Registered
790 Posts
huh so a ebay Sportster or Ultra barrel would work just fine eh. whats the best search word??

·
Registered
922 Posts
I usually search the words "nef", "H&R", "harrington and richardson", or New England"

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I don't know about you guys. If you bid on E-bay in the first 4 days, it just jacks up the price. I watch the item and I log on to E-bay in the last 5 minutes to check the price. I keep refreshing it to see if there are any last minute bidders. I only bid in the last two minutes. If you refresh the item and it looks like someone else is doing the same thing....keep bidding in small increments and you will probably win. IF YOU REALLY WANT THE ITEM....and it has been going up in small $$$$ increments.....do a few small increments first just to let the other bidder that you are also bidding. Then at the last minute....toss in an extra 10 bucks or so. If it has been going up a buck or two at a time....it will take too long for the other bidder to realize that you have bid more than the minimum bid.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I found out how easy it is to ream out a 357 mag :eek: , than to bid on ebay. Come to think of it I got to get busy reloading for it 8) .

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I knew this one would really take off. Wonder where it will stop?

·
Registered
922 Posts
i've quit bidding on it so you don't have to worry about me. I would like to have it to go with the 445 supermag but o well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts