Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about that because at a younger age you have a reputation to maintain and remain politically correct. At my age I can be a grumpy old man and the rest of society will just blame it on old age and senility.
I can usually get away now with insulting obvious stupidity and grouching at everyday inconvenience that is now thrown in our face. :)Yah, like I believe that.

Or make them mad by beating them to the punch and say what are you going to try to sell me today.
Not going to try to sell me any thing? So why did you call, just to waste my time?

Better still a grumpy old guy like me can get even with the system in subtle ways: for instance;

Just today I was told I could go to a self serve check out as there was no waiting. I said why would I want to pay the full price of this stuff and have to check my self out? Hire 4 more people for the self serve check out.

Have you ever stood around or searched around in a department store (WalMart comes to mind) waiting for or trying to find a clerk or "associate" (new term) to ask for some assistance or for an answer to a question?
Good luck. I have however developed a sure fire cure for that problem. This grouchy old guy just heads to the clothing department where I enter one of the little dressing rooms where you can try on an item of clothing for fit. Just close the door, wait a few minutes and then hollar out loud enough to be heard "Hey, how come there's no toilet paper in here?" Faster than a speeding bullet, all kinds of assistance will arrive on the scene. Being an old grouch can be fun.

:) Al

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
I always wonder why they call them "associates"?? They sure don't seem to want to associate with me when I need help or have a question!

People accuse us old guys of being grumpy, but we're really not. We've just been around long enough to have a pretty good idea of what stupidity we have to put up with and what stupidity we don't. We also know the price is the same whether we're nice to an "associate" or if we just tell them they're a lazy piece of bull manure!

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
"i am happy to announce. . ."

congratulations on receiving your certification. ;) :D
i've just recently gained journeyman status, so
it'll be some time yet until i achieve senior master.
i do need a new pair of shoes, so i think i'll go ahead
and skip right ahead to the velcros

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
AL- Welcome to the brotherhood! The benefits will just keep showing up. All the stuff you could not get away with after puberty You will be able to get away with now! With the elections coming up you will be able to speak your mind and get away with it. Young progressives (liberals) have never heard the truth. You will be the secret weapon. "Go forth and Grump!"

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
Well, this ain't that big a deal. So what that your a grumpy old man. I am "THE" grumpy old man, and have been since about age 30.
Political correctness? I tellem to either speak English, or shut tha **** up. Walmart associates? Their flunkies. Self check out? Not a chance. I want a checker to complain to. What tha **** is tha matter with them people?
And another thing! There ain't enough "cripple people Parkin" in front of the pharmacy. **** if I was healthy, I wouldn't need to go to a pharmacy. Them people is ignurnt! :mad:

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
There YA go Concho them liberals is ignurnt to.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I like that email that's been circulating for a few years. Draft guys over 50. Most of us have an appreciation for firearms. Can't sleep past 5 or 5:30 anyway, without having to get up and go pee. Never seen a guy that did push-ups, sit-ups, 5 mile hikes, or an obstacle course that made them fast enough to out run a bullet. Been taking orders from a boss or wife for the last 30 years. High blood pressure, that goes down when shooting anyway. Let the 18-25 year olds grow up a bit. gypsyman

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
an old boss told me years ago
"son. . .when ya git to be my age (i think he was mid-50's at the time)
all you have to look forward to is a good night's sleep and to be
able to (sit on the toilet and make) in the morning . ."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts