Graybeard Outdoors banner

I am not happy with Summit or Gander Mt

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  shotgunner 
#1 ·
I had a spot on the farm that was perfect for a tri-pod stand. Even with a wholesale account I ended up ordering one through Gander Mt, as the shipping for one stand was too much. Gander Mt. told me they would have it to me in 3-4 days, then they called back, to check the address and told me it would be 3-4 weeks. This was after they had my money. When it did get here it was missing on of the diagonal braces, and in putting it together I broke the base that holds the seat. I called Summit and they said I would have the parts to me quickly. That was two weeks ago. I am going to miss the whole archery season, and not get any use out of it till next year. Shotgunner

#3 ·
Summit ended up making good on the deal, they sent me everything I needed and a couple of hats. It was very late and I look forward to next season. I will not buy a Summit product from Gander Mt again, they did not have it in stock, they placed an order with Summit when I paid for it. Instead I got a dealer package from Summit, I need to order several stands to have them delivered. I have room in the big barn to set a couple of them up, ladder stands. I might try to sell a few of them, and hunt out of the ones that don't move. shotgunner

#4 ·
Sounds to me like Summitt took care of you the best they could considering it was a non warranty issue. My Biff would be with GM. I would have cancelled my order as soon as they changed their delivery time to something I couldn't live with. As far as not buying anything from Sumitt again I think you're robbing yourself of some quality products. I have several of their climbers and have nothing but good to say about them.

#5 ·
Never dealt with with Gander Mtn. I like my Summit climber.
Sounds like your opinion of Summit is now more positive than the original post.
You might consider modifying the title of your original post to reflect a positive outcome with Summit, for those who may not read down far enough.

#6 ·
Summit did send me a stand with the wrong parts. They then took a very long time to send the the parts I needed. When they finally got around to it, they took care of me, but I had missed the chance to hunt from the stand during the archery season. I might end up buying more from them, but I will place an order in the summer next time. Shotgunner

#7 ·
Gander has probably the worse customer service then any sporting goods box store around. They have people who know zero about firearms. I went to my local GM to buy a shotgun. The salesman (only one) was talking to a guy about the local high school team. When I asked if he could show me the shotgun he said...can't you see I'm in the middle of a conversation. I went to the store manager who literally told me to get lost-good luck with those guys. Oh yea, check their prices carefully-some of them are higher than the MSRP.

#8 ·
I live in PA but sometimes go to a Gander Mt. in NY. In a year I bought 4 revolvers from the store, and had them trucked to a PA store to pick them up. I went back and asked to see a S&W that was in the counter. The clerk asked if I had a NY pistol permit, I told him I did not. He turned his back on me and walked away. When I got to a manager he was apologetic, but the guys who work the gun counter at that store are famous for being difficult. Not sure how a place can stay open like that. Shotgunner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.