Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't use my 223 barrel any more, so (after ten years of prevarication) I sent it to Wayne York at Oregunsmithing to rebore and rechamber to 250 Savage. Kinda crazy to do it right now when no 250 Sav ammo or cases are available. Fortunately I found a little brass at Buffaloarms.com, and I bought all they had.
I should get my rifle back by July. I miss it already, I love shooting all my barrels.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good for you... 250-3000 Savage will sure make a unique handi chambering. I always like hearing about doing things a little different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
You can neck up 22-250 cases. I keep saying I'm going to have one made.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Though I'm sure there's none available currently, Hornady has been loading a 100 grain Interlock in it. I have some and it shoots excellent in my Ruger 77.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Though I'm sure there's none available currently, Hornady has been loading a 100 grain Interlock in it. I have some and it shoots excellent in my Ruger 77.
The 100gr Speer spitzer will make a great load for medium game also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
The .250 Savage is the little engine that could. The 87 gr Speer Hot Cor is a great deer bullet. So is the 100 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip. With 75 gr Sierra hollow points, it's a great varmint getter as well.
Just curious, about what does Mr. York charge for this work?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Grice has ammo in stock

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
That's a beautiful piece, Spikehorn! From whence comes the forearm?

~Kees~

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
WinterHawk. The manlicher stock set came on a 45-70 I bought here on GBO. I refinished it. I thought it befitting of the 303 Britt.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't use my 223 barrel any more, so (after ten years of prevarication) I sent it to Wayne York at Oregunsmithing to rebore and rechamber to 250 Savage. Kinda crazy to do it right now when no 250 Sav ammo or cases are available. Fortunately I found a little brass at Buffaloarms.com, and I bought all they had.
I should get my rifle back by July. I miss it already, I love shooting all my barrels.
I got my Handi back from Wayne last week, much sooner then promised. Fortunately I had found some cases at BuffaloArms.com, and some bullets (100gr) from Graf's. I loaded some up, mounted the scope, sighted in, and just had fun ringing steel. When I put it on paper I was disappointed, until I tried a different powder (IMR4350 instead of H4350) and I printed a 0.556" 3 shot group at 50 yards ! That's the best group ever to come out of any of my barrels ! Someone did ask about cost. Prices are listed on their website, but Wayne charged me $25 less than his list price. He wanted $350, plus shipping.
Kudos and thanks to Wayne and Oregunsmithing.com. Also, thanks for all the other kind comments on this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
303 Brit is a great cal, but doesn't it recoil a tad in a Handi?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts