Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a .25-06 Ultra on layaway with Long Tom and to make a long story short, I picked it up from the local FFL last night. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was new. It has probably the best trigger pull of any of my Handi rifles. One oddity is that it has a non MC stock set. It looks like a walnut stock like you'd expect to find on an ultra...

Unless I run across a killer bargain on a used at one of the gun shops I frequent, it's not likely I'll buy another. On the other hand unless I can't trade my grandson back out of my .45-70, I'll have to replace it sometime in the next 5 years before he turns 18...

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
I think you've said that before!

Scott

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I have my .357 mag on a shotgun stock set, no MC. Bought a real reasonable strap on pouch and ammo carrier, wedged a smallish piece of foam from a swim noodle under it. Gives me perfect cheek weld, and seems stable.

.25-06 should be a good shooter. Enjoy!

·
Registered
791 Posts
geezerbiker, don't look for help or sympathy here, too many ''Enablers'' hang out here. As much as I like your posts and thoughts, No, I am keeping my 45-70, just way too much fun. Take care, keep looking, you may just find a 45-70 that needs a good home. Take care, John. ;)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I said that before but it was about this rifle. I'm building a new garage on my property for more and better motorcycle space and it's going to keep me gun poor for a few years. There's always hope that after that I may run across a good used one for cheap. Anyway I get to enjoy the .45-79 until my grandson is old enough to take it and I'm hoping to trade him out of it before then...

Tony

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Hmm. . . guns . . .or . . .motorcycles. . .what a tough decision! I don't envy you there, I couldn't make up my mind!!

I know that one is your livelihood, guess that wins out every time.

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts