Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether contender or encore I find them to be exceptional and a part of my life that for me cannot be replicated. Found my first tc contender quite a while back in 30 herret super 14. Even though I had never seen nor heard of this platform I was hooked and like most finds eventually sold it but never forgot and came back as this was and is my hunting platform.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have been shoot Contenders since 1976. Started with a 10" oct 222 rem, and have since added .22 lr in 10" bull, .357 Max 10" bull, 10" bull 30-30, 12" bull 375 WinHY, 12" bull .50 Muzzleloader, 18" 445 supermag, 18" bull 256 Win, 20" 22Mag, and 20" .222 Rem. With the Encore I have a rifled 12 gauge barrel, a 338-06, and a 270 Win. I love the versatility of the platforms, and I love single shots,

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Yelp what Mule 11 said

Deaconllb

·
Registered
295 Posts
Got my first Contender in 1968

Bought a 45/410 barrel on a frame and fell in love with it. I shortly added 22LR and then 221 Fireball barrels. A few years went by and then added a Super 14 barrel in 35 Remington. That became my deer hunting barrel for some years. For a long time that was the only Contender that I had and only the four barrels. I actually got severely injured on a job and had to give up construction. I went to college and became a teacher in a small community college. After putting in 20 plus years at the college I retired. I have now gotten several more Contender frames and a bunch of barrels in both pistol and rifle length. I admit that I am an addict for them. Help; my name is Murl and I am a Contender addict. I just could not help myself, I have now gotten my grandson hooked on T/Cs. Oh by the way I still own the original Contender that I got in 68. But I sold the original 35 Rem. barrel. I have replaced the 35 barrel though.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
I'm a Contender fan but in the rifle version. One frame and several barrels. I bought one of the pistols in .222 not too long after they came on the market but dummy that I am sometimes, I traded it off and have never replaced it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I too am a contender addict.
Two G1 frames.. and just a few days ago got my mitts on a G2 frame.
Only have two pistol barrels..(One is full bull 11.25 inch) the other is a factory ten inches..
Both in 7mmTCU
Two rifle barrels.
7-30 waters 23" bull
30-30AI 23"bull
One carbine barrel 16.25 ..it's a super 14 with the barrel extended. 7mmTCU

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to say that I love your avatar MrMurl...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Whether contender or encore I find them to be exceptional and a part of my life that for me cannot be replicated. Found my first tc contender quite a while back in 30 herret super 14. Even though I had never seen nor heard of this platform I was hooked and like most finds eventually sold it but never forgot and came back as this was and is my hunting platform.
I'll second that in either pistol or rifle config. Everybody should own at least one Contender and one Encore frame with a lot of barrels for both.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll second that in either pistol or rifle config. Everybody should own at least one Contender and one Encore frame with a lot of barrels for both.
I started with the contender then moved to the encore which I have a lot of stuff for. I think you know what I mean by that. Just went back to the contender platform also and have a few stock sets and one 16” max barrel for. I’m sure the addiction will escalate...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I started with an Encore, liked it and bought some G2s. It was 30F at the club yesterday, shot the 20" MGM heavy barrel 25-20 anyway. I have dedicated pistol frames but mostly shoot carbine and rifle configurations. I have other rifles and pistols, usually take at least one T/C for some shooting relaxation.
FM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts