Graybeard Outdoors banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, I have heard the "tail" is tough...but a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
This thread started before I got here. I had a Yamaha Zuma for years. The grandkids are now riding it on the farm. Next up for me is a Yamaha TW200. I will be moving to the country in June/July where gravel roads are the name of the game. I will only be three miles from town and the coffee shop. I looked at some of the full size dirt bikes like I rode when I was a young man but I'd have to carry a step stool so that I could get my leg over one of those things. Yes sir I need to be able to put both feet flat on the ground..........my wheelie days are done!

·
Registered
16,175 Posts
We don't mend as fast or bounce as well when we get "rich in years"! ha!

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I tried that Genuine Roughhouse 2-stroke, 50cc, figuring to move up later. I de=restricted the engine and find that I am happy with the Roughouse.

It serves my purpose for what I want, just as it is.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I tried that Genuine Roughhouse 2-stroke, 50cc, figuring to move up later. I de=restricted the engine and find that I am happy with the Roughouse.

It serves my purpose for what I want, just as it is.
Well if you need an upgrade, it is possible to put nitrous oxide injection on those 50cc motors. I've seen the guys at Eddyville do it for chits and giggles. 75 mph in an 8th mile ain't too shabby. Of course they are only good for a few passes before that little crankshaft says a can't peddle that fast anymore:tango_face_crying:.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well if you need an upgrade, it is possible to put nitrous oxide injection on those 50cc motors. I've seen the guys at Eddyville do it for chits and giggles. 75 mph in an 8th mile ain't too shabby. Of course they are only good for a few passes before that little crankshaft says a can't peddle that fast anymore:tango_face_crying:.
No...I don't need that.. I can get an honest 45 mph (by GPS) on the level, much less on hills. I watch my rear view mirror, especially when on a state road...and drop to the shoulder if it looks like I am impeding traffic in any way.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts