1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he paid 120.00 for a 20 gauge h&r barrel,
he paid 212.00 for a huntsman barrel
he paid 202.50 for a 270 barrel.
Then he bids 120.00 for my synthetic stock set ,pays for it, then sends a message asking if he can buy the nickle receiver that was visible in my picture of the stock set. The next day he sends a message that he tells ebay that he thought the receiver was included in his stock set purchase, even tho the auction said 'stock set only'.
When I call him and tell him that he cant buy receivers on ebay and that he would have to buy from gunbroker, he says he knows that. I asked him also if he knows that you can not buy guns if you are mentally retarded. He then messages ebay and says that I called him names.
So Im awaiting ebays decision.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Re: I met a stupid man, on ebay. tactiledave

I had some dealings with him and he was slow with payment. (You were not politically correct he may be "mentally handycapped".) I have delt with some real winners on there.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts

It doesn't take all kinds ... There Just are!!!

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts

Letting the receiver show in the picture is a violation of eBay rules. It's a firearm.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts

oldsoldja said:
he paid 120.00 for a 20 gauge h&r barrel,
he paid 212.00 for a huntsman barrel
he paid 202.50 for a 270 barrel.
Then he bids 120.00 for my synthetic stock set ,pays for it, then sends a message asking if he can buy the nickle receiver that was visible in my picture of the stock set. The next day he send a message that he tells ebay that he thought the receiver was included in his stock set purchase, even tho the auction said 'stock set only'.
When I call him and tell him that he cant buy receivers on ebay and that he would have to buy from gunbroker, he says he knows that. I asked him also if he knows that you can not buy guns if you are mentally retarded. He then messages ebay and says that I called him names.
So Im awaiting ebays decision.
I think you asked him a question. If he claims you called him names, I think he answered the question. So I would say he called himself a name.

You can't argue with idiots, they're always correct!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ebay sided with him, said he can return it on my dime.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts

That was a bad decision on eBay's part...I would appeal that somehow.....If eBay agrees that the receiver was included, then they should have pulled your listing before it ended for violation of their own stupid-assed rules....ebay's P.O'd because they realized how they really screwed up in removing firearms in the first place...look how much money they lost out on....now they are gradually getting back into it..b4 long they will be listing guns like gunbroker

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts

Sounds like you got into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts

and apparently lost. such bs

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

forward ebay the message of him asking to buy the receiver. That will let them know his intent from the start.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

They ruled in the buyers favor, said it was a final decision. Never really explained why or what the decision was based on. I called to complain and they said I could appeal. So I asked her if she knows the definition of the word final.
I did tell them to read the messages in chronological order,in the appeal. Its obvious if they can understand english language words. Plus the auction listing specifically lists everything screw, sling stud and bolt thats included. I asked the woman on the phone to read the auction listing, and asked her if she understands the definition of the word 'only'. We will see.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

well avoid this ahole, Charles Wilson 250 spur 440, Florence TX 76527-3824 254-793-2377
Ebay now says they have made a new final decision on the mess. They said you have to say 'The receiver is not included' instead of 'this auction is for the stock set only'. they said any auction that has a picture of something thats not included, even if its written, still stands the risk of being voided. Yesterday someone there finally read the messages and said 'oh I see what he did', I was at first happy that they were sounding like they understood now.He sent me a message asking to buy the receiver but it was on a different auction, the one from a barrel. All along they were only reading the messages attached to the stock set auction. Even tho the chronological order of my messages shows he asked to buy the receiver before saying he thought it was included, they wont reverse it. They said I was speculating to his intent. I told her I was surprised that she knew what that word meant, when 'only' is too vague and not descriptive enough for ebay. I told them its sold and paid for, they are joining his fraud. they refunded him his money, so I told them to send a pickup for the stock set he returned, its now ebay's. I told them storage charges are now accumulating. Im done with ebay.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Swampman said:
Letting the receiver show in the picture is a violation of eBay rules. It's a firearm.
one funny thing, they never mentioned that its a firearm or that its illegal or against the rules in all the phone calls and messages. I wonder if they will be softening their stance on guns and be letting them be sold someday. I would have taken that route if I was them, this way they could make sense.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
I completely sympathize my friend!!

But as stated you are batteling whits with unarmed people! Common sense, is a very expensive commodity and apparently not easily attainable any longer. ::)

I have had 6 instances to open a "case" with eBay. All but the last where found in my favor. This last was not and for the life of me I do not know why! I won't go thru it all but suffice it to say two items shipped neither worked. Both returned on ebays dime they ruled in sellers favor. Now I have NO items and paid for them.... How is that for common seance! LOl you gotta laugh other wise you would explode for the shear stupidity of it all!!!!

CW

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
DO NOT BUY OR SELL ANYTHING ON EBAY
yes i yelled :eek:

thats the best advise i can give to my fellow GBO brothers ;D

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Jason said:
He won my auction friday and still hasnt paid yet
Jason,

You can set up your account to require immediate payment OR list a time frame and say item delisted with out notice after X hours. it doesn't help much this time but will on future sales.

CW

·
Registered
731 Posts
Its been years since i have fooled with the ebay mess, but you used to be able to block bidders. You could also only allow pre approved bidders, sounds like a good thing to do with this idiot.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts