Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year we bought some land about an hour a way from where we live. The intention is to move there in the next 5 to 10 years. It's a remote area, lots of game including 3 different black bears. Then there is the potential for trespassers etc. My better half is heading down that way so I always make her take her glock 42, just in case. She shoots it well and it's really about all she can handle. Last night she says to me. "get that little rife you made up for me, and I will take it also" I said what rifle, she says " the little black one that I shot last week, I really like that one". It figures she is not a gun person at all, but she falls in love with the tiny rifle. Well at least she found something she likes to shoot ;)

·
Premium Member
9,713 Posts
Yeah, tell me about it. A few years ago I walked into the house with a pretty .22 Mag Sportster. The first words I heard were "That looks like a Patty rifle." Over the years I lost others; a 7mm-08 Superlight, a shorty maxi and a .243. I keep my Superlight .223 and her twin sister my .243 under wraps. I know she'll want to swap her standard .243 for my Superlight. but it ain't happening. It's my best shooter. I don't have to worry about my Superlight 7mm-08 because we each have one. I have two .45-70s, a standard and a shorty, but she hasn't figured that one out yet. ::) ::)

Pete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here I thought this was going to be another boating accident. ;) How does one lose a gun to their live in other half? Or is it like when your dog likes them better even though it's "your" dog??

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
TheLongShotOH said:
Here I thought this was going to be another boating accident. ;) How does one lose a gun to their live in other half? Or is it like when your dog likes them better even though it's "your" dog??
Sounds like you have never heard a woman tell you: "What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too!"

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
you ought to count your blessings that
you have such a great woman that can
be satisfied so easily without a drawn-out
hours-long special shopping trip(s) for her
firearms.
good luck :D

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Lonegun1894 said:
TheLongShotOH said:
Sounds like you have never heard a woman tell you: "What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too!"
You said it brother! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I keep thinking I should pick up another and put some open sights on it for her, but then I look at the bank account! :'( between the tractor, chainsaws, trips to Lowes, etc. I just can't talk myself into it :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.