Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do own a old demascis barreled 12 hammer Parker but only test fired it one just for grins. It hangs over my fireplace.

But I want a using Parker double 20 or 16 to hunt with. I've tried to be content with my drillings. I mean you really can't upgrade a kreighoff drilling or a T&S nimrod drilling much. And most of the upland birds are gone. But I still remember my youth and carrying a double out hunting and have wanted my namesake double for years.

It just won't go away.... Like a itch I can't scratch. ;D

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
I had a chance at a Parker double 20, and a Savage 99 in 308. I passed, went home, thought about for an hour, and went back to getem. GONE! Someone saw what I saw, but didn't hesitate.
I have my mother's old youth model Remington 870 20 gauge. I think it might make an excellent "mule gun" if I get another mule.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Details.
The brass hulls are loaded with smokeless powder (IMR 7625, iirc) and standard modern plastic wads for 1 1/8th ounce loads. Standard 209 primers.
The hulls are lathe turned from Rocky Mt. Cartridge Co. and are strong enough to use smokeless propellants and, being true to size can use standard 12 gauge components. Very durable. I will probably be able to leave them to my grandkids.
Pete

Here's one loaded ala Hubel's "12 ga. from ****" with a BPI Thug Slug over 75 grains of IMR4759. For use in rifled barrels.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darkgael said:
Ye olde Parker:

They don't make them like this anymore.
Pete

Well Pete, since God says it's a sin to covet our neighbors stuff I don't want your shotgun, but one just like it would make me reall happy. ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts