1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF I ran NEF/H&R…

IF I ran NEF/H&R…

I stole this idea from “Couger”

First I would have a much better WEB site.

The web site would have a “Build-your-Own-Handi” feature.

First you choose the barrel contour and barrel length, from a list of most reasonable choices that we would keep ‘In-Stock’.

Next a choice of cartridge chambering from a list of every one that made sense for the Handi.

Then a choice of stock-sets, recoil pads, butt plate, whatever.

Then a choice of sighting options, open iron, peep, scope base… etc. (perhaps even scopes).

Dealers would order the same way except in bulk numbers.

How long would I stay in business? Or would this work?

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Re: IF I ran NEF/H&R…

If we elected the CEO of H&R you would be in close contention with that platform.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Gramps,
Heck, you'd get my vote if you'd just fix the .38-55 barrel-chamber-ammo mismatches that killed off a cartridge that should have enjoyed a real rebirth thru H&R. Why couldn't they just offer a fresh barrel in exchange for your old barrel?

·
Registered
52 Posts

you have my vote ,sounds like you've thought about it a lil . cause if they don't take care of their customers ,someone else will. i m not knockin h &r
i m just sayin the gun business is cut throat. just my 2 cents :)

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thank You my fellow Handi-Holics... I promise to serve our cause.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts

Oh, don't I wish you were president of H&R! Unfortunately they are owned my a mega conglomerate that is mostly interested in the bottom line. What sells the most for the highest profit. And yes, that type of service could be priced to gain a good bottom line, a sort of 'custom shop' Handi rifle. But considering it would probably require some more trained personel to pull off correctly (heck, they need to hire someone to keep up the web site!), it likely won't happen. Now if they would use the approach they use at Remington, they will pretty well do all of the things you list...... but at about three times the price of the stock model guns. Of course you get pretty blueing and slect wood in the deal. It might very well fly if we could get the attention of the right person that makes those decisions. But they usually difficult to reach because they are surrounded by people who own lots of stock and are only interested in their dividend. They should learn that customer service builds loyality and lots of repeat customers. Yes, if the world were perfect....
Maybe we could all go together and buy out H&R from Remington!!! 44 Man

·
Banned
766 Posts

Go in and buy H&R from Remmie !!!

Now I like that...

·
Registered
5,080 Posts

If GP Mike is CEO than I vote Tim (quickdtoo) as Chief Master Engineer in charge of production and Richard (ATLaw) as head of advertising along with young Ty (tykempster) as Chief Product Technician in charge of testing.
GB could be a silent partner if he preferred.
I would vote myself in as Master Sales Rep but then we would have to sell all the guns as used as naturally I would have to personally field test each and every gun to insure proper QC and Reliability!!!

New company name---GBO PERFORMANCE FIREARMS[/color]
"FOR THOSE WHO ONLY REQUIRE ONE SHOT"!

Sounds like a well run company to me!
I will take my pay in stock options please!

LONGTOM

·
Registered
9,618 Posts

Grandpa Mike,
I think I would change just a few things from your plan.
1) I would offer stock rifles in the top 25 calibers. Production guns for sale.
2) I would offer a replacement barrel plan where you can specify the barrels. Calibers, twist, length, and contour. And sights or bases.
3) custom stocks. Different wood (pallet, walnut, laminate, plastic) And checkering
4) There was a hamerless frame years ago. Bring it back along with a new frame that can handle magnum loads.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

GBO American Performance Firearms
“For Those Who Only Require One Shot”

In-Stock Models (Production models): Top 25 Chambering determined by our customers ordering records. Our Top 25 will have barrels, stock-sets, recoil/butt pad/plate and sights that our employees feel is best for the chambering.

Our Web Site would have a “Build-Your-Own-Handi”.

Barrel contours: Regular and Bull, no super-lites until accuracy problems are solved.

Barrel lengths: 17”, 21”, 26” and 32”.

Sighting options: Open Iron, Ghost Peep, Receiver and Front Globe, Scope Base, Scopes.

Stock-Sets: Of course Plain, Laminate, Synthetic, Walnut, Checkering and Finish.

List of FFLs that we and customers would deal with.

Help Desk: All employees would man occasionally with the permanent Helpdesk employee, to hear what the customers ask/want. Customer suggestion box on the web sight.

“The Montanan” our goal would be to make our own “Perfect World of Firearms”.

“Chas.” Yes Dell did great in the beginning, but I feel the best companies are the ones where all the employees know all the employees. (All employees would have a terminal case of “Handi-Holic-Ism”; employees must believe in their product in a Perfect World).

“LouisianaMan” Also on our Web site would be a chamber/bore drawing with OUR standard “specs” for each cartridge, hope this would stop the 38-55 questions/problems. We would also have a section where we explain why a given chambering is NOT offered.

Our company would probably be an assembly mostly; we would get bored barrel blanks, sight parts, stock-sets, and our receiver design (???) from third parties. I would like that we do our own chambering and mill/machine the barrels for sight choices. I really don’t know much about the machining/manufacturing, but we would have some Handi-Holic that would.

Any more suggestions for our Perfect Company?
What state would we put our all-American company in?
Where would we all be willing to move to?

Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts