Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a second hand receiver NEF "NS" prefix that I recently bought specifically because it was a pre viewport model and still fell within the serial number range Remington/H&R would work on. If I send the receiver back in to fit extra barrels will the technicians drill the ugly viewport hole to confirm the latch engagement on the new barrels?

Also this receiver seems extermely short. Every other Handi barrel I have refuses to lock up on it and the barrel that came with it is very loose on my other frames. Should I just sell it, or keep it knowing that any future barrels I get can most assuredly be fitted to this frame without having to shim them?

·
Super Moderator
51,894 Posts
Brian didn't add the view port to my frame when I had the 7mm-08 Lite barrel fitted earlier this year, but he would be the best source for the answer to that question.

The "short" frame would be a good candidate to send in with second hand barrels to be factory fitted. ;)

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.