Graybeard Outdoors banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If masks prevent Covid 19, why aren't they helping the insurgents with tear gas and pepper spray?
Why are the communists(aka demoncraps and "peaceful protestors"🤣) complaining about the use of the gas and sprays if they are taking precautions and wearing masks?

·
Super Moderator
50,897 Posts
Face coverings/masks don't protect the wearer from C19 (unless it's N95 or better), they do protect others from the wearer by reducing the wearer's spread of potenitally infectious droplets from their mouth and nose when they talk, exhale, sneeze and cough which are the primary ways C19 is spread.

Tim

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Tear gas can get into your eyes and burn them. An N95 industrial mask might keep tear gas out. I've used one when using clorox for cleaning and I can't smell the clorox. So it might keep out tear gas, but it will also burn your eyes too.

·
22,249 Posts
if you've ever been tear gassed youd know that your eyes are what really take the hit. Like quickdtoo said also. Masks are more to prevent you from spreading it then for you to prevent contracting it. To do that youd have to have an oxegen pack and a fitted mask. Im sure they do help somewhat with contraction but there sure not a fool proof defense. If masks stopped tear gas there would be no need for the military to use anything else for chemical warfare.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I seriously doubt N95 would keep CS gas out, we need filters with activated charcoal in our masks in order to prevent it from effecting us through our military gas masks. And unless you have a good seal on your military mask, you will get gassed. The N95 depends on static charge to stop particles from getting through, once the filtering effect is diminished, by either flooding it with particles, as in the case of CS, getting it too moist, as with your breath for longer than a few minutes (CDC says 8 hours normal use), improper fit/seal, then particles can get through. The N95 is rated to stop 95% of particles, in a controlled setting, what makes people think it will stop CS? I still have a few CS capsules, anyone want to experiment?

Reactions: Argent11

·
24,482 Posts
Omega, those mask can also elevate toxic Co2 elevations in the mask of the elderly. We had an old lady die of that here.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Omega, those mask can also elevate toxic Co2 elevations in the mask of the elderly. We had an old lady die of that here.
For those that already have O2 issues this can definitely cause problems. Runners and other athletes use masks to get their body used to less oxygen, some call it elevation training, the first time they try these they notice their bodies reacting to it, and it takes a few times to get used to it. These are seasoned athletes, and they have issues until they get used to them, why would a regular person not.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Since I don’t want to educate the protesters I’ll keep cs and other gas stopping instruction to myself. I agree with masks being more compliance like the Chinese wearing ponytails to show submission to there gooberment...

·
Super Moderator
50,897 Posts
Friday, July 10, 2020

Debunked myths about face masks

Wearing face masks, combined with other preventive measures such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, can help slow the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone over the age of 2 wear a mask while in public settings. However, there has been much debate about wearing masks and misinformation has spread online.

Myth: I'm not sick so I don't need to wear a mask.

Simply put, wearing a cloth mask helps decrease the spread of COVID-19. Research now has shown that a significant number of people with COVID-19 lack symptoms. These people do not know they are transmitting the virus to others when they talk, sneeze, cough or raise their voice (e.g. singing or shouting). Wearing a mask helps to lower the transmission of respiratory droplets to other people around you. You should wear a mask to protect others and they should wear masks to protect you.

Myth: Wearing a cloth mask does not protect you from getting COVID-19.

A cloth mask is worn to help protect others in case you have the virus. Countries that required face masks, testing, isolation and social distancing early in the pandemic seem to have had some success slowing the disease's spread. Common sense also suggests that some protection is better than none.

Cloth masks reduce the number of respiratory droplets a person releases into the air when talking, sneezing or coughing. The overall number of droplets in the air is reduced when more people wear masks and this reduces the risk of being exposed to COVID-19.

Myth: Wearing a mask will increase the amount of carbon dioxide I breathe and will make me sick.

For many years, health care providers have worn masks for extended periods of time with no adverse health reactions. The CDC recommends wearing cloth masks while in public and this option is very breathable. There is no risk of hypoxia, which is lower oxygen levels, in healthy adults. Carbon dioxide will freely diffuse through your mask as you breathe.

If you feel uncomfortable in your mask, try to limit your talking and breathe through your nose. That will reduce the humidity level in your mask.

Myth: If I'm wearing a mask, I don't need to practice social distancing.

Wearing a mask is one step in slowing the spread of COVID-19. In addition to wearing a mask, everyone should continue to practice recommended behaviors to such as:

• Keep your physical distance: Six feet or about two arms’ lengths apart from other people.
  • Limit in-person meetings.
  • Wash your hands with soap often.
  • Stay home if you do not feel well.
  • Get a test if you have COVID -19 symptoms. Call your local health care provider to schedule a test.
  • Self-isolate if you have been around someone who is sick or tested positive.
Kimberly Frodl, M.D., is a Family Medicine physician at Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Why should people believe doctors concerning their health when there are so many experts on the internet?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Nice to know that countries requiring these steps quote (seem to have some success)...

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Why should people believe doctors concerning their health when there are so many experts on the internet?
Ya mean like faucci. Has he gotten anything right yet?

·
Registered
193 Posts
As data came in Faucci changed his recommendations. Even Trump has changed his messaging as the Virol infections have increased. It is hard to make recommendations when you do not know what you are up against.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Sure has not been a problem with liberals ordering Americans to stay at home, mask up, wash all surfaces and social distance without knowing what there up against and after finding out not changing there bed wetting rhetoric and UnAmerican unconstitutional orders while expecting true American Patriots to submit... If these unconstitutional abuses of un given powers by the people were just a recommendation we would not be having this conversation. I don’t expect honest or realistic debate from democrats just more bs...

Reactions: rjr9603

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
As data came in Faucci changed his recommendations. Even Trump has changed his messaging as the Virol infections have increased. It is hard to make recommendations when you do not know what you are up against.

The simple reason president trump came out and said wear a mask is two fold. One, some of the lefties will now.start decrying masks because trump is for them. Two, is masks.are great, and work so.well then we can go out to vote in November, just wear your mask, no vote by mail needed. But if everyone is going to wear a mask to go out and vote we are going to need voter ID nation wide. BRILLIANT move by trump

·
22,249 Posts
Sure has not been a problem with liberals ordering Americans to stay at home, mask up, wash all surfaces and social distance without knowing what there up against and after finding out not changing there bed wetting rhetoric and UnAmerican unconstitutional orders while expecting true American Patriots to submit... If these unconstitutional abuses of un given powers by the people were just a recommendation we would not be having this conversation. I don’t expect honest or realistic debate from democrats just more bs...
I guess that makes president Trump and all the republican senators, congressmen and governors in this country liberals. News flash! They gave those orders too. As did yours in texas. Unconstitutional?? NOPE. Just protecting me from stupid and stupid from there selves. I have the right to live liberty and the pursuit of happiness and you breathing germs on me that can kill me is taking away that right from me and my family. You wantonly breaking the LAW by not wearing one and my elderly mother or father dying because of it is nothing short of murder. Its people with attitudes like yours that makes it absolutely necessary to make it a law not a suggestion. Its people so block headed and egotistical that believe they have a right to do whatever they want that will insure this problem lasts for years not months.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I guess that makes president Trump and all the republican senators, congressmen and governors in this country liberals. News flash! They gave those orders too. As did yours in texas. Unconstitutional?? NOPE. Just protecting me from stupid and stupid from there selves. I have the right to live liberty and the pursuit of happiness and you breathing germs on me that can kill me is taking away that right from me and my family. You wantonly breaking the LAW by not wearing one and my elderly mother or father dying because of it is nothing short of murder. Its people with attitudes like yours that makes it absolutely necessary to make it a law not a suggestion. Its people so block headed and egotistical that believe they have a right to do whatever they want that will insure this problem lasts for years not months.
Wait, so why don't you just stay home if you are so worried about other's germs? Let me get this straight, you support mandating masks as a preventative measure but oppose the wall??? Before you ask, yes the wall will be more effective than masks IMO, and will save more lives too.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.