Graybeard Outdoors banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
22,248 Posts
in what world are the wall and wearing masks even remotely connected?? I do stay home as much as possible but like EVERYONE have to go to the store ect occasionaly. Do you think I should be put in more danger there because you don't want to follow the LAW! Sorry but that's what it is THE LAW!. A legally implemented LAW. One that our president backs. Maybe if you don't want to wear a mask its YOU who should stay home. After all its you who condones breaking the law and endangering others not me. You guys are right in one aspect. It flys so much in the face of logic not to wear one a law SHOULDNT be necessary. I don't take my guns out and play Russian roulette either because im free to do what I want. I don't drive drunk and risk your familys life. Shouldn't that be my right according to your logic too? Lets see. Do you hunt? Does your state laws MAKE IT MANDATORY to where orange clothing?? Is it MANDATORY that you wear a seat belt when you drive?? Buy a license plate?? pay for insurance on your car?? Most states do. Pay taxes?? I guess all of that's unconstitutional too. Sorry but the FIRST thing the constitution protects is my right to life. Comical thing is most who bitch still wear one in public. They just want to everyone to think there a tuff guy on the internet.

·
Registered
525 Posts
in what world are the wall and wearing masks even remotely connected?? I do stay home as much as possible but like EVERYONE have to go to the store ect occasionaly. Do you think I should be put in more danger there because you don't want to follow the LAW! Sorry but that's what it is THE LAW!. A legally implemented LAW. One that our president backs. Maybe if you don't want to wear a mask its YOU who should stay home. After all its you who condones breaking the law and endangering others not me. You guys are right in one aspect. It flys so much in the face of logic not to wear one a law SHOULDNT be necessary. I don't take my guns out and play Russian roulette either because im free to do what I want. I don't drive drunk and risk your familys life. Shouldn't that be my right according to your logic too? Lets see. Do you hunt? Does your state laws MAKE IT MANDATORY to where orange clothing?? Is it MANDATORY that you wear a seat belt when you drive?? Buy a license plate?? pay for insurance on your car?? Most states do. Pay taxes?? I guess all of that's unconstitutional too. Sorry but the FIRST thing the constitution protects is my right to life. Comical thing is most who bitch still wear one in public. They just want to everyone to think there a tuff guy on the internet.
I do follow the law, it is not a law here. If it did pass here, I would probably follow it, as I am a law abiding citizen after all, but yes my opinion would not change. I hunt, I do not wear blaze orange on my own property, but will if I venture across the property line to retrieve my deer. Masks are a feel good initiative, it MAY have a small effect, but probably not enough to matter. Masks and the wall? If the masks are a preventative measure, then so is the protection of our border. (insert previous arguments here)

There are so many things out there that will kill you, it is not reasonable for anyone to expect that others protect them from everything. It is not my responsibility to protect you, that is your responsibility, it is a dangerous world out here, and you will not make it out alive. I am not sick, if I was I can see the reasoning of being asked to stay home. They still don't know that those with no symptoms can pass it on, last I heard it was extremely rare and would take prolonged exposure (heard anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes). Seasonal flu has been killing thousands every year, you think we should mask up in perpetuity? If I were to be invited into your home, and you asked me to wear one, then I would comply, if you visited my home and you chose to wear one I wouldn't give it a second thought. But I would be put off if you required me to wear one in my own home just as I am in public. I have had workers off and on visit the house, they show up with masks, most take it off when they see I am not concerned about it. Do I have a higher chance of catching it? Maybe but I am not too social so probably not, and I still feel I have already had it so I think I can survive another bout.

Reactions: rjr9603

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
In what world does someone live in that thinks a wall won’t help stop disease, crime, drugs, human trafficking etc. oh yeah the world ya see with anal tissue wrapped around your ears... Why argue with a individual who always takes the side of big oppressive government? As soon as ya disagree with the new world order the rooster loses his mind and craps all over the board and any member who disagrees.

Reactions: rjr9603

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I’d rather be a quote (tough guy) then a loud mouthed, ignorant government boot licker any day...

·
22,248 Posts
well id follow president trump to **** before id follow you to the candy store. What makes me chuckle are all the guys that bitch about the government and president no matter whos in office and then in the next thread claim to support him. Bottom line is your more of a hypocrite then most liberals.. . If I really thought the government was out to get me and completely corrupt id be leaving not crying. But then some still live a couple blocks from mommy. Me I love this country and am proud to be called an American. Sorry but its guys like you that constantly bitch and cry (and by the way do nothing of substance) that will bring a new world order. ME? I like the one we have right now just fine. Must be awful lonely with nothing but hate and fear of the very country you live in and its elected officials.
I do follow the law, it is not a law here. If it did pass here, I would probably follow it, as I am a law abiding citizen after all, but yes my opinion would not change. I hunt, I do not wear blaze orange on my own property, but will if I venture across the property line to retrieve my deer. Masks are a feel good initiative, it MAY have a small effect, but probably not enough to matter. Masks and the wall? If the masks are a preventative measure, then so is the protection of our border. (insert previous arguments here)

There are so many things out there that will kill you, it is not reasonable for anyone to expect that others protect them from everything. It is not my responsibility to protect you, that is your responsibility, it is a dangerous world out here, and you will not make it out alive. I am not sick, if I was I can see the reasoning of being asked to stay home. They still don't know that those with no symptoms can pass it on, last I heard it was extremely rare and would take prolonged exposure (heard anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes). Seasonal flu has been killing thousands every year, you think we should mask up in perpetuity? If I were to be invited into your home, and you asked me to wear one, then I would comply, if you visited my home and you chose to wear one I wouldn't give it a second thought. But I would be put off if you required me to wear one in my own home just as I am in public. I have had workers off and on visit the house, they show up with masks, most take it off when they see I am not concerned about it. Do I have a higher chance of catching it? Maybe but I am not too social so probably not, and I still feel I have already had it so I think I can survive another bout.
well I agree with a lot of your post actually. Only thing I question is what if you take the attitude that you don't need to wear one and do catch it? As many with that attitude have. Then you bring it home and infect your family. Say your son or grandson dies. Would you really not be angry with the other man who was out there not wearing a mask, didn't have symptoms but passed it on to you. At the funeral would you really not look at that dead child and say to yourself "how ------- stupid was I? All I had to do was to put a silly mask on for the 10 minutes I was in the store!!!!" LOTS of people, 100s of thousands across the world attended funerals that though "this isn't going to happen to me" I look around here and see the people who are fighting this and try to skirt the rules. For the most part there the same skum that collects government checks once a month and aren't going to spend there beer and pot money on some silly mask and the typical redneck "you cant tell me what to do" type. Mostly just a different description of the same group of people because nobody best tell them that they have to get a job. People that bitch about the government but take a check from them every month. 99 percent of the even semi intelligent people wear them to protect THEMSELVES AND OTHERS. Why because there egos are so overinflated that they cant except the FACT that maybe theres people like doctors that are just a tad more educated then they are and are actually open to listening to advice from them that might save there familys life. Then theres the one with a 10 year old mentality whos jumping up and down screaming YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO hiding in the basement with his tin foil hat because the government is out to get him! Wonder who that is! Comical thing is he really thinks some of you actually consider his advice and opinions as valid. Even more so then the presidents and REAL doctors. Personally I hope none of you are stupid enough to go out in public without a mask when theres people like him out there that could care less if your kids get infected. Those people are the exact reason why these laws are passed.

·
22,248 Posts
here's a fact for you wall [email protected] 8000 people were killed by illegals in the last year. @150000 have been killed by the corona virus. So that idiot that wont wear his mask is about 200 times more likely to kill you then that Mexican walking down the street and that's just if he happens to not be a native Texan or has a green card. By the way that 150k that died this year from it is 3 times the casualty list was for the entire viet nam war!!! Add in the korean war casualty list and your about half way to the amount of Americans killed in ONE YEAR FROM THE VIRUS! Yup just a big joke you shouldn't take seriously or government conspiracy to stomp on your constitutional rights and start a new world order! What scares me more then illegal Mexicans is the fact that there's brothers and sisters of some of you that were raised around these same attitudes or worse yet God allowed you to actually have children. Now that's scary!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Here’s what makes me not chuckle. Rino’s. Guys that call themselves patriots and republicans but come on a outdoor forum and are nothing more then a mouthpiece for the lying main stream media. Liberals in wolves clothing and are either too dumb or are fooled and easily led by there liberal viewpoints. These mask orders are not law they are the stroke of a pen. The only reason they have this power is because most submit without question or contempt. I have not seen President Trump sign any mandate for this only recommendation. But like faucci some rarely get anything right.

·
Registered
525 Posts
well id follow president trump to **** before id follow you to the candy store. What makes me chuckle are all the guys that bitch about the government and president no matter whos in office and then in the next thread claim to support him. Bottom line is your more of a hypocrite then most liberals.. . If I really thought the government was out to get me and completely corrupt id be leaving not crying. But then some still live a couple blocks from mommy. Me I love this country and am proud to be called an American. Sorry but its guys like you that constantly bitch and cry (and by the way do nothing of substance) that will bring a new world order. ME? I like the one we have right now just fine. Must be awful lonely with nothing but hate and fear of the very country you live in and its elected officials.

well I agree with a lot of your post actually. Only thing I question is what if you take the attitude that you don't need to wear one and do catch it? As many with that attitude have. Then you bring it home and infect your family. Say your son or grandson dies. Would you really not be angry with the other man who was out there not wearing a mask, didn't have symptoms but passed it on to you. At the funeral would you really not look at that dead child and say to yourself "how ------- stupid was I? All I had to do was to put a silly mask on for the 10 minutes I was in the store!!!!" LOTS of people, 100s of thousands across the world attended funerals that though "this isn't going to happen to me" I look around here and see the people who are fighting this and try to skirt the rules. For the most part there the same skum that collects government checks once a month and aren't going to spend there beer and pot money on some silly mask and the typical redneck "you cant tell me what to do" type. Mostly just a different description of the same group of people because nobody best tell them that they have to get a job. People that bitch about the government but take a check from them every month. 99 percent of the even semi intelligent people wear them to protect THEMSELVES AND OTHERS. Why because there egos are so overinflated that they cant except the FACT that maybe theres people like doctors that are just a tad more educated then they are and are actually open to listening to advice from them that might save there familys life. Then theres the one with a 10 year old mentality whos jumping up and down screaming YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO hiding in the basement with his tin foil hat because the government is out to get him! Wonder who that is! Comical thing is he really thinks some of you actually consider his advice and opinions as valid. Even more so then the presidents and REAL doctors. Personally I hope none of you are stupid enough to go out in public without a mask when theres people like him out there that could care less if your kids get infected. Those people are the exact reason why these laws are passed.
Funny thing is there is no telling where or by whom the virus gets passes. You can as easily get the virus by touching a door knob/handle on the way in or out of a store than you can by some unmasked person walking by you. I feel we are better served by increased washing of hands, and sanitation of items that get touched often, such as doors, touchscreens, pens, etc. I truly feel that masks actually can make matters worse, because lay people do not know how to don and doff PPE and have no idea how to safely dispose of bio-waste.

here's a fact for you wall [email protected] 8000 people were killed by illegals in the last year. @150000 have been killed by the corona virus. So that idiot that wont wear his mask is about 200 times more likely to kill you then that Mexican walking down the street and that's just if he happens to not be a native Texan or has a green card. By the way that 150k that died this year from it is 3 times the casualty list was for the entire viet nam war!!! Add in the korean war casualty list and your about half way to the amount of Americans killed in ONE YEAR FROM THE VIRUS! Yup just a big joke you shouldn't take seriously or government conspiracy to stomp on your constitutional rights and start a new world order! What scares me more then illegal Mexicans is the fact that there's brothers and sisters of some of you that were raised around these same attitudes or worse yet God allowed you to actually have children. Now that's scary!
There are family members of 8000 people that would have a very different opinion about this. We keep hearing that "if it saves but one life" when it comes to guns, yet 8k is what?, inconsequential? For the record, I was born in Mexico, I have a few family members that are here legally and illegally. I know that not all Mexicans are criminals, but still feel that we need a wall. The immigration system is broken, and needs a revamp to be sure, but allowing people to come across illegally just is not a good way to fix anything.

As to the China Virus, I don't see it as a joke/hoax, it is real, it is getting people sick and it is killing many, but the overreaction is IMO, worse than the virus. How come we didn't go through all this during the H1N1? We have a virus that kills thousands of people every single single year, yet, before this, how much has been broadcast (except when they are trying to sell you something) about flu prevention, such as washing hands, staying home, wearing a mask if you are sick etc.? I have no problem with people wearing masks, even if it is only to make them feel safer, but such things are better left to the individual to decide what is best for them.

I have posted this before, but just to put numbers on this:

CDC Flu Stats
While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year. CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

The top of this pyramid is sure to increase when they add the china virus to those numbers every year, because make no mistake about it, this is going to be a yearly event. We have had outbreaks in the past and this one, while bad isn't even in the top 10 so far:

Top 10 Pandemics
10. The Great Plague of Milan: Italy (1629-1631)
Death Toll: 1 million

9. Hong Kong Flu: China (1968-1970)
Death Toll: 1-4 million

8. Cholera: India/Indonesia (1817-Present)
Death Toll: 95,000/year (more than 1 million historical total)

7. Antonine Plague: Rome (165-180)
Death Toll: 5 million

6. Third Plague: China (1885 – 1950s)
Death Toll: 12 million

5. HIV/AIDS: Sub-Saharan Africa (1981-Present)
Death Toll: 25-35 million

4. Plague of Justinian: Eastern Roman Empire (541-750)
Death Toll: 30-50 million

3. Spanish Flu: Unknown (1918-1920)
Death Toll: 40-50 million

2. New World Smallpox: Americas (1520 – 1600s)
Death Toll: 56 million

1. The Black Death: Europe and Asia (1347-1351)
Death Toll: 200 million

·
22,248 Posts
Here’s what makes me not chuckle. Rino’s. Guys that call themselves patriots and republicans but come on a outdoor forum and are nothing more then a mouthpiece for the lying main stream media. Liberals in wolves clothing and are either too dumb or are fooled and easily led by there liberal viewpoints. These mask orders are not law they are the stroke of a pen. The only reason they have this power is because most submit without question or contempt. I have not seen President Trump sign any mandate for this only recommendation. But like faucci some rarely get anything right.
one small step from being another ted bundy. Like is said people like you should be watched much closer then some fruit picker from mexico. You hate blacks, you hate Mexicans, you hate yankees. you hate muslims, you hate the government even if its republican. Paranoid skitzo. News flash! They have the power because the majority elected them and put them in those position. Its how our country was designed to work. Because they don't agree with your 60 iq train of thought doesn't make them evil. This is the greatest country in the world. The people have the last word come election day. You waste your time throwing out childish insults like calling me a liberal. Some may not like me here but even they know better then to claim im a liberal. Just another personal attack by someone who isn't sharp enough to come up with a real argument. Same mule just another day.:whistle: I just don't understand why a free man would live in a country that he felt was so corrupt. This isn't Russia or china. Your welcome to leave through the front door any time you please. You "CLAIM" you were in the military. How did you not end up in Leavenworth? How did you possibly make it through 4 years of obeying the orders of the people above you?? I know with your attitude you surely couldn't have seen combat or youd be in the ground!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
You make a lot of comments about things you don’t know just like a liberal does. You fit the mold. You also use the hate/race card like a liberal just another tool.

·
22,248 Posts
You make a lot of comments about things you don’t know just like a liberal does. You fit the mold. You also use the hate/race card like a liberal just another tool.
seems you are the one that wines about our government that is led by a republican. Dragging a trailer around and calling it home like a 60s hippy in a vw van. Sorry bud but being conservative doesn't mandate I hate other races or religions or people because of the state they live in. That's just hate. More of a matter of how you were raised then who you vote for. I served along side many good black, Asian and Mexican americans that you arent even a pimple on the ___ of.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
You are not fooling anyone. The fact that ya think you are is what makes you a fool... Also I don’t drive around in a camper that was purebred. Ya know the one you helped get banned. 8 years out of country in the army. I know it’s tough keeping your facts straight when there pulled out of your arse. I would dispute more of your so called facts but that would just give them merit. Which they have none.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Saw the other day that WHO said that asymptomatic folks are not contagious. So how does a mask stop them from spreading it? But then again, who knows, we get Drs on both sides that don't agree on what we should or shouldn't do. Kind of like the "Climate scientist". Who can you trust.

Heard that the term "social distancing" isn't even a medical or scientific term. Was made up by some kid on a science project. Then I have the question. Where did 6' come from? Is there a scientific study that proves it is good distance or did someone make it up? Why not 7' or 5'?

Rosewood

·
Super Moderator
50,882 Posts
Saw the other day that WHO said that asymptomatic folks are not contagious.
That's not true, she just wasn't clear in her statement, in fact early infected asymptomatics are more contagious.

Heard that the term "social distancing" isn't even a medical or scientific term.
Social distancing has been around a long time, it's just had different names.

And the 6 foot rule is considered to be a minimum, an MIT fluid dynamics study showed droplets and aerosols from a cough or sneeze emitted to a distance of 23-27 feet.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
WHO... Just another sell out to China...

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
That's not true, she just wasn't clear in her statement, in fact early infected asymptomatics are more contagious.

Social distancing has been around a long time, it's just had different names.

And the 6 foot rule is considered to be a minimum, an MIT fluid dynamics study showed droplets and aerosols from a cough or sneeze emitted to a distance of 23-27 feet.

All these sources are left to far left leaning. Hmmm.

These are all left leaning sources some far left. Hmmm...

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.