Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After deciding my primers were trying to back out from low, not high pressure, I'm really doing well with 150 gr. Nolsler Ballistic Tips and LVR powder. I'm getting just over 2300 with 36 grains, my groups hovering just under 2" for three shots @ 100. 1/2 grain increase from 35.5 to 36 was all it took to get my primer issue stopped. Can't wait for modern gun season to open!

·
Premium Member
16,614 Posts
demented said:
After deciding my primers were trying to back out from low, not high pressure, I'm really doing well with 150 gr. Nolsler Ballistic Tips and LVR powder. I'm getting just over 2300 with 36 grains, my groups hovering just under 2" for three shots @ 100. 1/2 grain increase from 35.5 to 36 was all it took to get my primer issue stopped. Can't wait for modern gun season to open!
Good news!! Glad its figured out for ya!

CW

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
Congrats. ;)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
So what took you so long to get a 30-30? ;) You'll find that the 30-30 will do even better than that. You can actually get a cloverleaf group (all touching) at 100 yards. Enjoy, and go get your deer on opening day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.