Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to make some major changes in my life...with some of the events that has happened to me and my family this past week and won't be needing most of my rifles... I won't be handiless...so you all don't need to worry about that... ;)

So...here goes...

First up is my 338-06 A-Square...It is in a set of checkered gray laminate stocks and has an additional matching forearm with it..Most here know how well it shots but I can say...with 180-200 grain bullets it will exceed any similar rifle so chambered. It is a 26" re-bored 25-06 ejector barrel that works perfectly with handloads as well as the available factory loads...This rifle comes with a Ultra rail and still has the factory pad on it..It has both the steel forearm spacer and steel trigger guard on it...and the barrel is matt finished...Al barrel work was done by Wayne York...all fitting was done by Jon at NEF and has an excellent trigger on it...Also...coming along with this rifle comes a full set of Redding dies and a very good selection of factory brass & various bullets...I would like to sell this rifle to someone who will love it as much as I have...and take good care of it...It is an excellent rifle extreamly accurate...and doesn't recoil bad at all...Price for the complete package will be $650 dollars shipped & insured to your FFL holder complying with ALL State and Federal regulations...I have well over $800.00 tied up in this rifle & dies & components...If legal and sold face to face...shipping & insurance will be deducted..

Second up...is my 25-06 & 30-06 Ultra combo...This combo comes with a full free floated RTV bedded forearm...and a additional matching fore arm...These stocks are very limited...they are the checkered gray laminated with the NEF limited medallion in them...The 25-06 is extremely accurate with factory loads and my handloads...The 30-06 Ultra Comp...is one of the very last that the factory offered for sale a...The 25-06 is an extractor barrel...the 30-06 UC is an ejector...both function perfectly...and it has an excellent trigger on it...I also have a wide selection of brass, bullets, factory ammo, and reloading dies of RCBS & Hornady for the 25-06...and Forester for the 30-06...For the 2 barrel combo...I am asking $450 dollars plus shipping...and will include a very good selection of the components..as I always do when selling one...These barrels have all been prepped by me...and will shoot better than most can...

For right now...I would prefer to sell as complete rifles...but If interested...please PM me...and we can discuss it..and the components...they are just too many to list right now..

Mac

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
PM sent on 25-06/30-06

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I wish I had the means for the 338, I have always admired that one.
But anyway, if you have some left over .308 bullets I would be interested... Just let me know.
Thanks Mac

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
:eek:

Pm'd on 338-06 A Square

JerryKo

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
d_hiker said:
PM sent on 25-06/30-06
PM returned

SPF to d_hiker

Thanks...and I am looking forward to meeting you in person...

Mac

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
myarmor said:
But anyway, if you have some left over .308 bullets I would be interested... Just let me know.
Thanks Mac

-Aaron
I'll give you a call tomorrow...I do have quite a few...

Mac

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Thank you Mac. I am looking forward to getting to know this fine rifle a lot better. Oh, I am also looking forward to meeting you. ;D

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
That was fast. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
fast?, it was downright spectacular!! It may have set record for cash amount of sale vs. time it took. It makes me wish I had something to sell. When you put together a fine product of good quality and then add a good price, and then put that in front of a hungry bunch of addicted Handiholics, it shows what can happen....<><....:)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Andy, you forgot to add the quality and reputation of the seller. That went a long way in my book. I just plopped down a chunk of change and didn't even see a picture of what I am getting. Trust and gut feelings can go a long way in both directions. I have been more concerned about spending less money from unknown persons.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Mac11700 said:
myarmor said:
Thanks Mac

-Aaron
I'll give you a call tomorrow...I do have quite a few...

Mac
Thanks Mac. But I am afraid I am going to be out of town :-[
PM will probably work better. I look forward to seeing what ya have.

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
I agree Doug and I apologize for my omission. I also have spent a lot less on items here from untested new members with no trade history nor much of any history at all. Some have waited until they got my check and it cleared before they, the unknown quantity with no history or background, would send out the small item. Some even were aghast that I would expect they send the item before they had the CASH in hand. I guess they did not see it the other way around, that had time and history on my side and I was sending them, an unknown quantity, cash for something promised in the future. Luckily all my transactions on this new board at GB's have gone pretty well, mostly honest folks here that trust one another. It is a shame that some only see their side and whats benefits them, those I sometimes have reservations about. If Mac sold you that gun I am sure it is a beauty, have fun with it....<><....:)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Jay,

When I saw that you had responded here I thought that you were going to give me a rough time about not having enough time to shoot what I have. Which is true. Mac is such a nice guy that he is going to hold (take care of) the rifle until I get a chance to head down to Ft Leonard Wood to see my son. Mac, I did put the money order in the mail at noon today. I still haven't shot the .357 Max yet. Tomorrow I am headed out with my bow to see if any whitetails are waiting for me. Two weeks from today firearm deer season starts and your 20ga USH barrel will hopefully get a workout. I have seen a medium size 6pt and a half dozen does hanging around the farm.

I do have a son that lives out west and he will be wanting to borrow the new 30-06/25-06. They are a little much for squirrel & rabbit around here.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Doug I understand trust me. Oh yeah Im picking up my 20 guage USH deluxe with t-hole stock tomarrow. I cant get that 10 pt to cross the road into rifle zone lol

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
MSP said:
If Mac sold you that gun I am sure it is a beauty, have fun with it....<><....:)
Actually I guess I have seen at least part of the gun. It is the one that he showed pics of how to RTV bed the forearm. Now I will have an example, in front of me, of how to do the RTV job on my other forearms.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
burntmuch said:
I cant get that 10 pt to cross the road into rifle zone lol
Then you'll have to go after him with your new 20 USH. That or maybe you need to post a deer crossing sign so that he knows it is okay to cross there. My kids are old enough to remember the road signs that were written words (not graphics), they would ask since deer can't read, how do they know that is where they are suppose to cross the road. Maybe that is why they went to graphic signs.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
When you put together a fine product of good quality and then add a good price, and then put that in front of a hungry bunch of addicted Handiholics, it shows what can happen....<><....
I think I'm full blown addict. A bolt gun buddy just sat me down down and said I needed help. ;D ;D ;D Of course he dosen't mind the deals he gets from my addiction.

This 338-06 should be a good fix for a long time. ::)

You guys are all great!

JerryKo

1 - 20 of 28 Posts