Graybeard Outdoors banner

I'm still alive!

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  cascadedad 
#1 ·
Hi, just wanted to say hi too all my friends here! Looks like I getting a divorce. I'm hanging in here though, staying at a friend's house till I get my accommodations finished at my Dad's place. I talk to my kids everyday, I love them alot. I figured out that I can't live with the tension from the wife. I just can't figure out what happened to the person I loved before we got married. I guess it'll be one of life's big mysteries.

#3 ·
I'm building a small addition on my Dad's house, It'll have a bathroom, small living room, bedroom & most important a room for reloading & our guns. He's excited & so am I. He lives alone & really is looking forward to me being around. we can help each other out alot. I have alot of friends helping & is moving along very fast & really saving me some $$$. It's pretty great to have really good friends!

#4 ·
There are things we as men will never in this life understand or be able to comprehend, one of those things are women. Many, if not all married men have gone through the heartache of difficult times with the woman we love and married, some of us are still with them, some are not. One thing for sure though, God is always there for you, and we are here also. You have the love of your father(s) and your children, perhaps even your wife, as unexplainable and unfathomable as that is. Best of luck my friend, and keep in touch with all of us here....<><....:)

#5 ·
You should make sure you are not taking the easy way out - your kids will suffer and research show they will be disadvantaged compared to those in intact famalies in many ways. Grass looks greener on the other side but is it really ?? Try to work it out for their sakes.

#6 ·
goodwrench6710 said:
I just can't figure out what happened to the person I loved before we got married. I guess it'll be one of life's big mysteries.
From one that has "been there/done that" in a similar story, a bit of advice. Put the "what happened", "what did I do" and all those why questions behind you. You will still be asking them years from now if you don't and you still won't find an answer. Turn the page and begin the next chapter in your Book of Life.

Of course this is just the world of Graybeard here and we only see but one view but from all appearances it seems you have tried your best to make things work. Many would have thrown in the towel much sooner. I applaud you for that effort!

One foot in front of the other. One day at a time. For now.

Bill

#7 ·
Welcome back Goodwrench...

From one that has "been there/done that" in a similar story, a bit of advice. Put the "what happened", "what did I do" and all those why questions behind you. You will still be asking them years from now if you don't and you still won't find an answer. Turn the page and begin the next chapter in your Book of Life.

Of course this is just the world of Graybeard here and we only see but one view but from all appearances it seems you have tried your best to make things work. Many would have thrown in the towel much sooner. I applaud you for that effort!

One foot in front of the other. One day at a time. For now.

Bill
Excellent advise...I've been there...and done that too...and can honestly say...If you put your faith in God...and look & listen to what he says...he will lead you down the correct path...I did...and have the most wonderful family a guy could ask for...Just remember...sometimes he doesn't talk real loud...or hit you on the head to get your attention...but he will let you know... ;)

Mac

#8 ·
Out of the whole thing, I miss the daily interaction with my children. I don't miss being bitched at as soon as a walked through the door. I was from the same situation as a child & yes it's very hard. That's why I stayed, I made an oath before God & would have lived it out. But she has another plan I guess. Now all I can do is pull my personal life together & be there for my children as much as possible.
As for her, she seems like all she wants to do is screw me over. The funny thing is it keeps backfiring on her. Guess I'll just let her bury herself.
The one really good thing is my Dad & I are closer then we have ever been. He always has good advise when needed & been though more in life than most people his age.
One thing I miss the most right now is shooting my Handi & my 44 mag, Haven't had time to shoot much & reloading equipment still at her place. I need to get situated. Then back to my favorite hobby. The 44 might hurt your hand sometimes, but at least it don't hurt your feelings!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.