"i'm tired of this rain"

i'm not. i'm thankful for it.

you ought to get away from hou-neworleans-ston and
move up to sherman or somewhere without so much
swamp and bottom land

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
We're getting hit pretty hard also William, and not the nice cute rain storms. But violent ones that roar in and
tear things up. We got hit by some baseball size hail this summer it sounded like cannon balls hitting the roof.
Ripped the leaves right off the trees some of them aren't going to make it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Just remember that it is easier and cheaper to let it run off, then it is to pump it up and pay for it. Here in the flat lands if some one has water everyone has water.

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
williamlayton said:
A good rain is good. 6-7 inches a week is tiring.
Harris County Flood Control is earning their pay.
I need some dry to sand and finish the Tree House.

Blessings

Ship it out here to Oregon and sand away. We have received prob. two inches since June. Closer to 1 inch, I think. Forest fires have been burning all around us all summer.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Send some of it up here to southeastern NM. The year started off great But I got a half inch of rain the first week of July, .45" late in August, and a 1/4"last weekend. Even though I haven't had a 100 degree day this year which is VERY unusual everything is brown if I don't water constantly. It certainly is cheaper to let it soak in and run off than pump it. Even adding in the cost of mowing when it's raining regularly it's cheaper than running the pump.

Weatherguy forecast a good chance of rain Wednesday thru yesterday. We didn't even have many clouds. Have to get the pump going again this morning. Skipped those days to see if the forecast panned out and now the lawn is turning brown again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.