Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

For some time now I have been wondering if I should sell my CZ/Brno Model 2. You see I am chasing an old BSA Pocket Model with is a single shot bolt action which folds in two and dates from about WW1. Due to our licensing system I would need to open up a slot on my licence and to do that I would have to sell one as the police will not grant me another as they say i have two many already ???

Here is what I am thinking of selling:-

Dated 1965 it shoots very well indeed. I will be keeping the scope though as I can use that on another rifle. The Model 2 has it's original magazine and I also have a 10 rounder for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Brithunter,
That is a sweet looking Model 2. If it were mine I would never part with it since you rarely see one for sale in the US. I would definitely
hold on to it. If you sell it and change your mind later I think you would have a hard time finding another that nice. ;D I have a model 1 and two Maadi Mansouras that are very much like a model 2 and the only place they are going is to my sons when I am no longer here.

The top one is my model 1 and the others are the Maadi Mansoura's the blonde one is the original stock and I put the other action in a CZ452 lux stock.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi GB,

Moving is not an option for several reasons, No1 being that I now live with my parents to help look after them, No2 being that I cannot afford it others don't matter due to No's 1&2.

We can still find models 1&2 here but not as often as it once was now. of course this does not help matters, if I wish to obtain more BSA's for the collection something will have to go as the police will not grant further rifles, heck they don't like the fact I have several dozen already ::) and would dearly love to cut it down. Looks like I will have to think about this some more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Brithunter said:
Hi GB,

Moving is not an option for several reasons, No1 being that I now live with my parents to help look after them, No2 being that I cannot afford it others don't matter due to No's 1&2....
Brithunter,
Since moving is not an option, could your father not be licensed as a gun owner, and he actually "own" your next purchase?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not an option as due to having several strokes and being 85 years old. I seriously doubt that he could get a licence and then we have to face the fact that we don't know how long Dad will be with us :'(.

I will just have to think very carefully an work out what is my best option. As yet I have not even looked at the BSA so that's the next thing to arrange.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts