Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lyman 4 cavity 45 ACP. mould (around 230 gr. RN) the problem is that the screw that holds the sprue plate will not tighten up. :eek: I tried swapping it with another Lyman 4 cavity mould with the same results. the threads in the mould must be stripped. :( I can use it with the set screw holding the sprue plate screw in place, but it's not tight enough. What can I do? This is the bullet that I cast the most of. I have repair kits for single and double cavity, but nothing that will fix my problem. can I drill it and tap it larger? the screw in it is smooth on the bottom where the set screw holds it. Any Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a drill press, and taps, ( i'm a tool junkie) :wink: but the screw that I am replacing is smooth where the set screw presses against it. I guess that I can zip off the threads at that point with a little die grinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.