Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched MMA star Rhonda Rousey put another away in near record time last night.
This man like juicer from South America, that had made comments about Rhonda's family, and how she was going to knock her out, had to be revived in the first few seconds of the first round.

Rhonda is a beast, that just happens to be a beauty as well. ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,142 Posts
In fist fighting there is one that is getting their brain fried and the Victor, who at one time or another may have gotten their brain fried. Fist fighting is brutal and while I used to watch, and enjoy, particularly Bantum Weights throwing Haymakers, Upper Cuts, and Hard Body Shots, I now find unsettling in the MMA Arena with kicking, holding, kneeing, take downs, and punching. I would rather watch Golf, MLB, or Paint Drying. She is one tough Cookie though and pretty too. I shudder to think how she will function mentally in another 10 years?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I remember when bowling on tv was a thing. There was Saturday morning PBA. Variety show, Celebrity Bowling. And even a game show, Bowling for Dollars.
Not sure that MMA could ever reach such popularity.
Now Roller Derby was a cool, and sometimes violent, girl sport.

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bear said:
The similarity between MMA and roller derby is that roller derby was all owned by the same company, and MMA is run by a very small group, and both use people who are basically losers.

MMA is a growing, evolving sport that will see changes made as it becomes more available to the public. It has taken over the sport of boxing in popularity because of the criminals who have ruined the sport of boxing.

It is nothing like Pro wrestling or ::) Roller derby. These are highly skilled and trained athletes who fight for a living.
Ronda was a bronze Olympic winner in Judo. Not sure who in the sport you are reffering to as losers, but a lot of these champions n MMA were wrestlers in college and quite a few have degrees that would make them winners out side of MMA.

Many rules in the last few years have been changed to protect the fighters and more will be coming I'm sure. One of the changes I think we'll see, is gloves that cover the fingers, and will protect the fighters eyes more.

There are at this time 5 major organizations in MMA. The UFC being the biggest with Bellator, One Championship, WSO, and Invicta FC rounding them out.

Like all other sports, the love of money and never getting enough will eventually ruin it.Kind of like politics ;)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
If you are to dumb to earn a living with out getting you head beat in you are a loser! They are getting their brain scrambled a bit more every fight! Need to hear an old Bobby Bear song called I'm a winner!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
MMA is a brutal sport. I mean have you seen what guys ears look like if they have been in the sport a few years? What rules will they make to protect fighters brains, and other vital organs? there was a young guy I worked with that had got into MMA fighting. He was missing a lot of work due to getting injured from his weekend fights. One of his last injuries he had before he quit was to his kidneys, where he was pissing blood. I don't care how tough someone is or how good they are. If they participate in MMA fighting they are going to have ligaments and tendons tore, broken bones, their ears turned into cauliflower, and their brains rattled around in their skulls.
Rhonda Rousey is one of the fighters that generally ends her fights in less than a minute, but if you think she is invincible, listen to her talk about some of her injuries.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/201...-out-but-shes-taken-her-share-of-injuries-too

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
nw_hunter said:
Bear said:
The similarity between MMA and roller derby is that roller derby was all owned by the same company, and MMA is run by a very small group, and both use people who are basically losers.

MMA is a growing, evolving sport that will see changes made as it becomes more available to the public. It has taken over the sport of boxing in popularity because of the criminals who have ruined the sport of boxing.

It is nothing like Pro wrestling or ::) Roller derby. These are highly skilled and trained athletes who fight for a living.
Ronda was a bronze Olympic winner in Judo. Not sure who in the sport you are reffering to as losers, but a lot of these champions n MMA were wrestlers in college and quite a few have degrees that would make them winners out side of MMA.

Many rules in the last few years have been changed to protect the fighters and more will be coming I'm sure. One of the changes I think we'll see, is gloves that cover the fingers, and will protect the fighters eyes more.

There are at this time 5 major organizations in MMA. The UFC being the biggest with Bellator, One Championship, WSO, and Invicta FC rounding them out.

Like all other sports, the love of money and never getting enough will eventually ruin it.Kind of like politics ;)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

NW has it right..no fake..not like Pro wrestling, roller derby or any of the "go through the motions" stuff..it is real. I have a grandson who participates..and recently gained a broken hand..but that's the breaks. He is not involved in the major league stuff. The average joe who wants ot pick a fight with a MMA fighter, could be making a mistake. Generally speaking, a MMA fighter of just 5'5" can quite easily kick a 6 footer in the jaw..and do it so fast, the 6 footer will admit after he wakes up, that he didn't see it coming.
These guys/gals, like most serious martial art devotees, are hard as a rock and taut like piano strings...ask anyone who knows them..
Here's a thread I posted tonight concerning my grandson.
http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/round-...dson-broken-hand/msg1099964733/#msg1099964733

Here's Ronda Rousey..world class challenger..34 seconds.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho8PtBpWsOQ

There are many ways to win, here's Ronda applying an arm bar to her opponent..who can "tap out" or have a fractured arm. Opponent wisely chose to tap out. Won't take you long to watch..just 14 seconds! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw7Jt2bZCBU

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Scibaer said:
id like to snap her in the rear with a wet towel and yell "take that ya punk !"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You better be a Olympic class sprinter... ;) ;D

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Actually, roller derby is now an international sport that has been considered for the 2020 Olympics.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts