Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H&R barrels and parts are no going for totally off the wall prices on Ebay. I have been watching lots of barrels sell for more than you can buy the whole rifle for on Gunbroker or at a Pawn Shop. I needed a 9MM reamer, so I bought one, cut one chamber and put it up on Ebay to sell, I paid $80.00 delivered to me, cut one chamber, put it up for auction and it is now at $68.00 with $2.75 Shipping, don't get sucked into this madness people, it is much cheaper now to buy a reamer, cut one chamber and then sell it than it is to rent a reamer and pay the shipping back and forth. Just amazing to me. Larry

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
I mostly see 3-5 sellers who are selling the majority of the Handi barrels for extremely high prices. It's almost like a competition to see who can screw someone out of the most money. ::) Then again, if people are willing to pay the price.......so be it. This guy won't be paying those prices, ever.

Come to think of it, Handi barrels have to be encroaching upon the TC Encore price point sometime soon.

Thanks, Dinny

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, it has gone totally crazy like a feeding frenzy with any gun part or tool. I may get more used for the reamer than I paid new two weeks ago. Must have something to do with H&R going out of business and the political climate, I have someone want me to ship the reamer to France no matter the cost. Go figure?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
trotterlg said:
. . . . I have someone want me to ship the reamer to France no matter the cost. . .
that may be more trouble than it's worth with the way the laws bounce around these days

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
Ranger99 said:
trotterlg said:
. . . . I have someone want me to ship the reamer to France no matter the cost. . .
that may be more trouble than it's worth with the way the laws bounce around these days
That's usually a fraud scam. They'll probably send him $5K and he'll send the balance back later. ::)

Thanks, Dinny

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
The only thing more ridiculous than the outrageous pricing is the fact that some people are dumb enough to pay it. That auction site mentality has unfortunately found it's way here to GBO and destroyed the good thing we had going.
It's price gouging at it's absolute worst and guys are only making it worse by paying what the gougers are asking...

Spanky

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Dinny said:
Ranger99 said:
trotterlg said:
That's usually a fraud scam. They'll probably send him $5K and he'll send the balance back later. ::)

Thanks, Dinny
Could be Feds. Had a machinist friend, years ago, who was doing Hi precision work and had the Feds try to talk him into making some no no stuff. He said no! Got some pressure from them but stuck to his guns. Found out later it was a sting. He needed the money too, but didn't give in.

·
Premium Member
9,713 Posts
Rimbo, I was having coffee when I saw that one a few days ago. I laughed so hard and suddenly it made me spew coffee out my mouth and nose all over my desk. It almost killed me gasping and choking.

I've got a complete .243 in our classifieds now that's not selling. The devil perched on my left shoulder keeps telling me to put the barrel on ebay and sell it for the price of the rifle. The angel on my right shoulder tells me to be an honest guy and keep it where it is. I don't need the money, but I don't need the rifle either, so it can sit where it is. If it doesn't sell, I'll just relist it later. By then I'll probably have more stuff to add to it. If I didn't have the "Miracle" Superlight .243 I'd just keep it. It's a nice clean rifle and a Gardner NEF too.

The NEF above just rattled another thought. I'll just do a new thread.......in the morning.

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another insane ebayer, auction closed at $69.00 plus the $2.74 shipping, so for $11.00 I got the use of a new reamer. Amazing to me, now I know how to do it. Larry

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Awhile back bullet molds were selling for insane prices on Fleabay. So I sold all the ones I wasn't crazy about and replaced them with ones I wanted more from Midsouth. I ended up with more molds and a little cash left over.

I still have 2 Lyman molds I want but they were nowhere to be found when I had the money for them...

Tony

·
Registered
329 Posts
Watch out for one of our fellow member's. He is on the list of eBay gougers. 85 percent of what he buys here goes on gunbroker or eBay. Buy here cheap because we all sell better since its somone in the h&r community sells high to make profit. I wanted a custom barrel I did to be used for someones kid not so some guy could make money.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Don't think it's just Ebay..................went to a state auction this am. Lot of junk there. Saw the pics of a 6' cutter body (bush hog) with no gear box, no blades, only part of 3pt hitch, and no tire or axle for the back.

Thought I might pick it up to rebuild a friend's cutter. It was far from new............maybe poor to fair shape once I looked at it. I knew I wasn't going to pay over $100. My hopes were to get it for less than $50.

Piece a junk went for $275 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I LEFT THE AUCTION

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
revbc said:
Don't think it's just Ebay..................went to a state auction this am. Lot of junk there. Saw the pics of a 6' cutter body (bush hog) with no gear box, no blades, only part of 3pt hitch, and no tire or axle for the back.

Thought I might pick it up to rebuild a friend's cutter. It was far from new............maybe poor to fair shape once I looked at it. I knew I wasn't going to pay over $100. My hopes were to get it for less than $50.

Piece a junk went for $275 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I LEFT THE AUCTION

that is crazy! ! the gear box is what costs. :( the rest is just so much scrap metal

·
Registered
664 Posts
trotterlg said:
Another insane ebayer, auction closed at $69.00 plus the $2.74 shipping, so for $11.00 I got the use of a new reamer. Amazing to me, now I know how to do it. Larry
Don't forget about the ~$9 in Ebay/Paypal fees though. So make that $20 for use of the reamer. ;)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
trotterlg said:
Larry, up here, any new reamer is going to run us around $150 at the lowest, after taxes, shipping, duty....

I've bought a few used ones for $70 that are MINT. When I am done using them, I can guarantee I'll get my money back 100% or better on Ebay.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Thanks guys for turning me on to the great barrel deals on flea bay. I found a 450 marlin barrel with a BIN of $450 or a make offer. I offer the seller a dollar, I feel confident he will accept. ::)

BB

·
Registered
731 Posts
I closed my seller account on ebay around 2002, i learned the hard way that there is no logic or reason whatsoever with a good majority of buyers. I had some of the craziest replies to my auctions you can imagine.
I do sell a little bit on there occasionally through my younger brother but its not much.
I have had some insane closing prices on barrels and stuff, its not just h&r stuff.
Some tools have sold for roughly 250% of what they cost new, and others bring .20 on the dollar of new.
I guess some people just get caught up in "auction fever" or something..
Everything i have ever sold was setup with a reasonable reserve and i let the bidders take it from there. Many times buying and selling stuff was my only source of income when in school and it is now again since i am disabled.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.