Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first synthetic stock[Tamer] and I want to install swivels for a sling-any special fasterners-or do you just drill into the stock like it was wood?

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
I see no one has responded, well I will try to give you some input. My Tamer has sling swivels mounted on it but I cannot check it right now. The is no problem with just drilling a slightly undersized hole and screwing a stud directly into the synthetic material. I would suggest checking the interior of the stock first and trying to locate the sling in a location where there is solid material to drill into and not just a thin shell of material. If you must mount a stud where the material is thin I would suggest placing another piece of substance where the threaded shaft goes to have full thread engagement. I will check the location of the studs on my Tamer stocks when I can if you need that info...Good Luck....<><....:)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks-I was tapping the stock-and it sounded sort of hollow,so I would want to put the screw in where it was solid-if it is.I suppose I could also drill a hole and inject some epoxy or dense foam in order to provide a solid anchor for a screw.A ''moly''plug might work as well

·
Super Moderator
51,243 Posts
If the Tamer has a removable butt plate/pad like all the rest of the synthetic Choate stocks, you should be able to see what's there, if it's not thick enough for a screw threaded stud, use one of those with a machine thread and put a nut on the inside of the stock with a contoured spacer under it. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no-its not like that-the buttstock is one piece,sounds sort of hollow ,with the bolt fastening it to the reciever on the open side-just ahead of the shell holder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts