Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I just purchased a Mark X Mauser in 6mm Rem for my September Goat hunt. It has a 26" heavy barrel in a Ramline stock, with a Eagle Eye Optics 3x-12x/42mm. Has anyone had any experience with this rifle? I'll be shooting over the weekend and I'll post how it went. This rifle cost me $ 330.00 and is like new from what I was told only 1-2 boxes of ammo out of it. What ammo do you suggest for a 6mm on Goats. I was thing the Hornady 100gr SST or Nosler Partition. Your ideas will be helpful.

Thanks,
Jess :D

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Interarms mark X Mauser 6mm Rem, any experi

Haven't shot any goats, but have used a .243 with many different bullets for deer. Might I suggest, a Sierra 85gn BTHP. This is one fine bullet.

·
Registered
999 Posts

I've owned a few of these and found all to shoot very good. I don't remeber them being chambered for the 6mm Rem,but I've been wrong before. I've never hunted goats.That said, use the larger bullets. Better to have more than not enough!

HWD

·
Registered
134 Posts

That is a good action in that rifle. I have had very good luck with them. As far as bullets I would try the 100 gr. partition, 85 gr barnes triple shock, speer grand slam 100 and swift scirocco 90 gr and use the one that shoots the best.----Good luck-----vernonp

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

vernonp said:
That is a good action in that rifle. I have had very good luck with them. As far as bullets I would try the 100 gr. partition, 85 gr barnes triple shock, speer grand slam 100 and swift scirocco 90 gr and use the one that shoots the best.----Good luck-----vernonp
vernonp,
Thanks for your input. I just purchased the Frderal 100gr BTSP, 100gr SST, 100gr NP and will use one of these for my hunt. I'm looking for a laminated stock for this rifle as well. It has a heavy barrel and I agree it should be a good shooter.
:D Jess

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

Assumin' you are talkin' about speed goats it oughta make a fine rifle. The Interarms action isn't quite up to Mauser standards but is certainly as good as anything turned out in Liege. The cartridge ought to be a real goat gitter. I used the 95 grain Nosler in my 6mm and it seemed to work as well as electricity would. :-D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts