Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Interesting since Iran claims 'Nope not ours'. They say all their aircraft are accounted for! But I assume it would benefit them to complain about such a drone downing because it occurred in international airspace.

Also interesting in view of Rand Paul now being assigned to the Iranian problem.

And further interesting as Iran just agreed to enhanced nuke inspections for the lifting of some sanctions.

🤔🤔🤔
.TM7

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Comes down to tis..believe Pres rump ..or belive the mullahs..

THe mullahs would almost have to deny what happened, because if they admitted the loss, to "save face" among their radical peers, they would have to attack some American elements.

They realize that attacking any of our force elements, may well bring a swift, strong retaliation. Doubt they want to risk that !

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Trump is reading the usual intell reports as expected, most likely naval.

As for Iran, I should think they have every incentive to complain about a drone shot down in international airspace since we complained about our drone shot down and ALMOST WENT TO WAR OVER IT!

So, I wonder what Trump would do if he finds out the downed drone was masquerading as Iranian; especially if the Iranians can prove it. Probably hush it up. But would figure in his future calculus.

Btw, if it was a drone masquerading as Iranian; who would do such a thing at this time when a diplomatic breakthru was possibly in the making?

I wish Rand Paul Godspeed and luck with taking on the Iranian problem.
.TM7

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have no doubt they lost a drone, they continually harrass our ships out there with small craft, the only reason some of those do not also get engaged is because they are manned.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From TM;

" Trump is reading the usual intell reports as expected, most likely naval."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it still boils down to..Who do you trust, our Navy..or the mullahs,.... whose Koran says it is acceptable to lie to an "infidel" as a strategy?

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
IG....

You seem to believe the deep state when it supports your agenda; and not believe the deep state when it supports your agenda.

What it boils down to is applying logic and reason to figure truth in the equation of events. Now one of Iran's drone's may have been downed and maybe not. But I can't figure how it benefits them to deny it; quite the opposite for many reasons.

But since they're quiet on the drone downing it appears its somebody else's drone.

Also strange this stuff going on with Paul entering the scene and with possible thawing of the diplomatic impasse with Iran. So for right now, I'm from Missouri on this one....
.TM7

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Does Isreal Have drones people seem to want to blame them for every thing else?
Just asking.
I think Iran just lost an expensive drone.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Looks like a lot went on. They should have shot down the Iranian Bell 212 as well.

Heard a report concerning the Iranian video supposedly proving they didn’t lose a drone. It was filmed in 2018. Whoops.

“ABOARD THE USS BOXER—Immediately after entering the Strait of Hormuz at 7 a.m. local time on Thursday, a group of six U.S. Navy ships had a series of tense encounters with the Iranian military, culminating in the downing of an Iranian drone.

The incident came after the group of six ships led by this sea-to-land assault vessel headed into waters where the U.S. and the U.K. have blamed Iran for attacking or harassing commercial vessels. Iran downed an American spy drone over the Persian Gulf last month and, on Thursday, seized a foreign vessel it accused of smuggling.

An unarmed Iranian navy Bell 212 helicopter flew alongside the Boxer, yards away from the deck, before it was chased away by a U.S. helicopter. The commander of the Boxer, Capt. Ronald Dowdell, called the engagement “surreal.”

The convoy swept past the speed boats without incident but was followed by the larger Iranian military vessel, which came as close as 500 yards to the Boxer—the distance the U.S. navy allows before verbally communicating to a ship not to come any closer.

U.S. helicopters flew between the Iranian ship and the Boxer to warn it away, then followed a white Iranian aircraft that U.S. naval officials identified as a Y-12 surveillance plane.

Soon after, at approximately 10 a.m. local time, the Boxer convoy downed the drone, a U.S. official said late Thursday”.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-navy-flotilla-encounters-iran-in-strait-of-hormuz-11563491109?shareToken=stb4937a16832b435aadd3fe57c240bd3d

·
Registered
525 Posts
This is what they were probably attempting to do to our vessel:

·
Registered
191 Posts
The ship that shot it down, looks like a small aircraft carrier; so it certainly has plenty of guns ready to defend itself.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Those tanker owners need to update their anti piracy SOP. Some guys with a couple of containers full of Stingers, Mini Guns and such would be a good start.

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
I don't know anything about a year old video with Iran denying drone downings.

But I do see their foreign minister Zarif and his deputy arriving in New York yesterday for inspection talks, still deny losing any drones. Since the drone was shot down in international waters (allegedly by some sort of 'tractor' beam) we should have recovered it; so we should see pix soon. Unfortunately, normally we should source landsat pix of the event but they're missing for this Snoopy dance!

Iran claims Britain hyjacked 2 of their tankers and wants them back. So when this recent British tanker steered into their territorial waters they ordered it to port while claiming it contained pirated Iranian oil. 3 Russians unboard, too.

Couple of things are certain: there are too many nations with a heavily armed presence in the region, and somebody desperately wants a war with Iran. Anything can happen _ _ good luck Ran Paul.
.TM7

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The mullahs are boasting of the capture of a British tanker. After the failed attempt by Iran to take a ship a couple days ago..the UK should have invested some military presence to accompany their tankers.

They didn't, so one was taken..

We don't need the ME oil, so they should not expect us to be the world policemen, as we have been so often.

Of course tragically, Obama allowed our riverine fighting boats to be handed over WITH THE CREWS..I guess, so he had an excuse to hand them a few more million$ or billion$.. but Obama is history..

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Trump is reading the usual intell reports as expected, most likely naval.

As for Iran, I should think they have every incentive to complain about a drone shot down in international airspace since we complained about our drone shot down and ALMOST WENT TO WAR OVER IT!

So, I wonder what Trump would do if he finds out the downed drone was masquerading as Iranian; especially if the Iranians can prove it. Probably hush it up. But would figure in his future calculus.

Btw, if it was a drone masquerading as Iranian; who would do such a thing at this time when a diplomatic breakthru was possibly in the making?

I wish Rand Paul Godspeed and luck with taking on the Iranian problem.
.TM7

Deep state globalist cabal elements that we havent quite cleaned out yet

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The ship that shot it down, looks like a small aircraft carrier; so it certainly has plenty of guns ready to defend itself.
That is an assault/attack ship. My grandson (Marine special operator) was deployed to Iraq on a ship just like this.

If the USS Boxer is equipped as the USS Nassau, which my grandson deployed on, such a ship is well prepared for many contingencies. Besides normal mounted defensive weapons, it has...

1) Huge hover crafts and a number of Kayot special operations boats, which are discharged from the stern.

2) A contingent of attack helicopters

3) A contingent of Sea Stallion troop carrying helicopters

4) Several Harrier "jump jet attack planes

5) ..And 1,500 battle ready Marines..

See below, pics of USS Nassau

Attachments

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Va rifleman.....

Any pix of the downed Iranian drone.? It was supposed to be within 1000 meters of the Boxer in international waters when they 'beamed' it down. So it should be in good shape and recovered. I'd like to see what it looks like and some its parts.

Any pix?
.TM7

·
Registered
525 Posts
Va rifleman.....

Any pix of the downed Iranian drone.? It was supposed to be within 1000 meters of the Boxer in international waters when they 'beamed' it down. So it should be in good shape and recovered. I'd like to see what it looks like and some its parts.

Any pix?
.TM7
The beam, as you call it, cuts communication from the controller, so the drone doesn't take any commands. It can go for miles before hitting the ocean, it doesn't just drop out of the air. Why are you so determined to prove it wasn't their drone? If we wanted to drop one of their drones, manned aircraft, or sink a vessel do you not think we are capable? There are countless opportunities to defend ourselves when foreign powers push our boundaries, in international airspace and waters, no need to make up incidents.

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Va rifleman.....

Any pix?
.TM7
The beam, as you call it, cuts communication from the controller, so the drone doesn't take any commands. It can go for miles before hitting the ocean, it doesn't just drop out of the air. Why are you so determined to prove it wasn't their drone? If we wanted to drop one of their drones, manned aircraft, or sink a vessel do you not think we are capable? There are countless opportunities to defend ourselves when foreign powers push our boundaries, in international airspace and waters, no need to make up incidents.
Officials said the drone was 'shot down' because it threatened the Boxer.

You're saying it was disabled but flew off.

Iranians say nothing happened to it and released video from the drone before and after the time of 'shoot down'.

I say in the interest of Truth and avoiding yet another war SHOW ME THE **** DRONE!
.TM7

1 - 20 of 65 Posts