Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what everyone's plan of attack was this spring. Usually every year I pick up something new at the MN Sportshow, and apply it to my spring fishing, then I evaluate its use and hopefully, buy more. The most successfull products I've used are Mister Twister EXUDE, P-Line mono, Power Pro braid, Vexilar Edge graph, and Penn Powergraph reels. What are you guys using?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Is anybody trying a new tactic/lure this sp

i ure want to try some of those livin'eye crankbaits from cabelas. when i go up north for week long trip to a lodge this summer i plan to try a watson's Baby Duck for those big pike lurking in the shallow weed beds.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Is anybody trying a new tactic/lure this sp

I am making a simple change. For years while trolling for trout I have used a number 6 or 8 hook with a worm behind my flashers or dodger. Recently I was at an outdoor show and listen in on a lecture. The fishing guide recommended using a number 2 worm hook. I was in shock. Could I have been wrong all these years! I have always ignored those big hooks unless fishing for catfish or in the ocean.

I bought some #2 worm hooks, used a worm stringer, and they worked great. The nice thing was that none were gut hooked and the hook was easly removed. I am sold on the #2 worm hook for trolling. I have not tried it stream fishing.

Siskyou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts