Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
New Hampshire said:
I could have swabbed every shot, but since Im doing this with full intentions of hunting I decided that realism was more important than match preformance shooting techniques.]]

The part about hunting, realism, and match performance, being all mixed and carelessly matched in one sentance kinda lends a concern to me. We all really shoot,(right?) so we can toss that one out as common,(k?).

Shooting matches came to be,,as a compitition of prowess to the accomplished hunters amongst their peers.
Where abouts I live and how I was raised,, good "hunters" don't need a second shot! It's good too load again too wile away tyme and be prepared. yet full preparedness and accuracy is required for the "First" shot. That's the end of the "hunt".
Being prepared with the greatest amount of accuracy and confidence in your firearm is "sportsmenship", so,,,,

I shoot a .530 ball with a .022 patch that I have to "slap" too short start, an cut at muzzle. That's a ballistol patch, cut 1-7 and dried,and then short stroke pack that sucker over 80grns of good hot swiss 2f, an I'm a "swabber" ta boot!

Well long story short,,learn to shoot your first shot good, then learn how to make each shot after as good as the first! :wink: It's not easy! Ya gotta work it and learn, it takes a whole summer,,it takes study and notes and stuff,300 ball and 2 pounds of powder. if you can do that. you'll never buy a pre-cut pre lubed patch again in your life and trust it.

"HUNT" is not shooting.
"SHOOTING" is not hunting. are they mixed/matched term's? oh ya, they are ,,,

· Registered
433 Posts
I do like BD,,swab afer each shot,even after shooting the Deer, (gotta lettm' bleed-out anyway's right?)

It could very likley be using 100% ballistal is too much lube for your patches. Your prb is skipping the rifling and shooting like a smooth bore.
Ballistal is water soluble. I mix 1 part Ballistal to 7 parts water for my best lube combo, 1 to 4 won't work,,

· Registered
433 Posts
Tell ya what, spend $15 and save yourself ALOT of time and money.

You do a 'search' for, "Dutch Shoultz", not the gangster guy(different spelling) and get the "system". Do exactly what he say's. Not just part of it!! ALL of it! And you'll be a top shooter in competition and/or a confident hunter and sportsmen. Truth man,,that's the 'secret papers'. I'm # 534.
Your almost there. You have bit's and pieces. If you do what brother Dutch say's!?, it'll change your bp shooting world. I've been there! Make the jump! you'll not regret it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.