Graybeard Outdoors banner

Is there anyone out there---------?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Yukon Jack 
#1 ·
that takes long walkes in the dead of winter in the National Forest besides me???and if your as crazy as me what do you take for equipment for a week or two walk in deep snow.Lp. :D
Dont go were the path leads,go were there is no path,and leave a trail :D

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Yukon Jack.I envey you for being up there,I know the places are allways better where you like to be than where you are.Back in the mid sixtys when I was discharged from the Army I was going to move up but it was in the dead of winter,so I was going to head up in the spring well that didnt work out I ran out of money.Than I met my Wife and I'm still down hear trying to make a living to raise my family.Now I'm retired and finaly am able to make it up there.
I didnt make it your way when I was up there,I spent most of my time arround Eagle.I walked the tractor trail that heads NW for about 20 milesto I think some place arround crooked creek,and saw some of the bigest Bears I have ever seen in my life,and the caribou were heading north.
Your right there is no place like that any place that I have been to.I took wy frying pan and did a little paning for gold close to Chicken,and found some.
I'm coming back up next july and kayak the Yukon from Eagle to the pipe line,the Ice should be out by then.The last time I was up i the first of June and the Ice was just breaking up.Take care Lp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.