Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I just came from the local gun shop. They just got in a used S & W 629 .44 MAG. I think it had a 6" barrel. It is a used gun, but it was in very nice condition. No scratches or anything on it. You could see some powder marks around the cylinder, but not a lot. The cylinder still seemed very tight, with very very little or no play in it. The trigger was fantastic!!! They wanted $439 for the gun. Do you think this is a fair price?

I thought I was set on a Ruger, but this gun has really appealed to me!

Thanks

Scott[/img]

·
Registered
319 Posts
I like the S & W 629 as well as Rugers. You won't be getting burned with the price but then again they are not doing you any favors either. Around here $439 is pretty much the going price for a used 629. Don't overlook the Rugers, their strong and for MY money, a tad more accurate than Smiths, and besides, who actually shoots double action anyway? Either way both will fill the bill.
Rick :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm with you Chris. I shoot my Smiths single action, it's what you get used to. I shoot nowhere near the group double action that I shoot single action. Even when we shoot rats at night, single action is the way I shoot. Truthfully, I'm a lousy shot double action. :oops:
Ditto on that east Tn Chris, I live in Jefferson county. Long live the VOLS.
Rick :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.