Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having coronavirus isn’t funny but I think there is something a little funny about this. My wife’s best friend has just tested positive for it and her husband is having symptoms. Their daughter (their only child) and her daughter’s husband also just tested positive and their two young children are also having symptoms. I don’t know if they all got it from the same source or if the older two and the younger four just happened to get it at the same time. Their daughter who is a liberal democrat teacher thought that the six of them celebrating Thanksgiving Day together would be irresponsible. Then her mother explained that since they all six have coronavirus and no one else would be present, they would not be spreading it to anyone not already infected. After their brilliant liberal daughter thought about it for a while, she finally agreed with her mother.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Having the flu is not funny either. What I do not find funny is the wasted livelihoods of individuals for no gain on controlling any virus. Loss of personal contact between relatives, people dying without comfort from there children and spouses. I still recognize people cowering behind there cotton mask and see the fear and anger directed at me because I am not cowering. We’re all gonna die. Some of us will die a thousand deaths.

Reactions: brianNH

·
Registered
279 Posts
Our family is spending a normal Thanksgiving together with a LOT of family. Some of us had this virus already, all of us have every other virus already. We are not not going to cower in fear over the inevitable. There is of no more of a chance from dying from this virus than from H1N1 virus.
There will be lots of firearms sitting around the house Thanksgiving Day in the event that someone from the government decides that enforcing unconstitutional mandates is their new job, as opposed to the old job of protecting our rights and laws.
We already know we are all going to die, we also know how we are going to live. When over 80 million Americans finally decide how they are going to live, the lock-downs and sanctions will be over, as well as the fake election and the new fake government. :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Having coronavirus isn’t funny but I think there is something a little funny about this. My wife’s best friend has just tested positive for it and her husband is having symptoms. Their daughter (their only child) and her daughter’s husband also just tested positive and their two young children are also having symptoms. I don’t know if they all got it from the same source or if the older two and the younger four just happened to get it at the same time. Their daughter who is a liberal democrat teacher thought that the six of them celebrating Thanksgiving Day together would be irresponsible. Then her mother explained that since they all six have coronavirus and no one else would be present, they would not be spreading it to anyone not already infected. After their brilliant liberal daughter thought about it for a while, she finally agreed with her mother.
Well, just to be safe those with "symptoms" ought to be tested. Otherwise the logic seems to work. The only possible fly in the ointment might be if someone in this group is infectious for some other bug.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Our family is spending a normal Thanksgiving together with a LOT of family. Some of us had this virus already, all of us have every other virus already. We are not not going to cower in fear over the inevitable. There is of no more of a chance from dying from this virus than from H1N1 virus.
There will be lots of firearms sitting around the house Thanksgiving Day in the event that someone from the government decides that enforcing unconstitutional mandates is their new job, as opposed to the old job of protecting our rights and laws.
We already know we are all going to die, we also know how we are going to live. When over 80 million Americans finally decide how they are going to live, the lock-downs and sanctions will be over, as well as the fake election and the new fake government. :)
OT is sadly misinformed and is repeating the damaging meme that the COVID is no more deadly than the flu. IIRC, COVID mortality is about 6 times that of the flu. 250,000 COVID deaths in less than a year. You are entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts