Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the old saying about the blind squirel and an acorn? I was out in Amarillo on business and went into Gander Mountain to kill some time.
I got to the last used gun rack, and there she was: a Tikka White Tail Hunter Continental Hunter in 7mm mag.

I have been looking for one of these on line for a couple of years, I guess I am a sucker for those heavy 26 inch tubes. The guys could not find the magazine (go figure) so knocked $75 off of the price, and I wlaked out with the rifle and paid $325 for it. I got on the phone to Baretta and ordered a mag for it ($88, ouch). The rifle is in great shape, great bore, flawless wood, and excellent blueing.

I guess I'll have to look the other way the next time my wife comes home with a bargain pair of $200 shoes sthat she just had to have.

Now, what scope to mount on it? Decesions, decesions, decesions!

Sincerely,

OUrabmen

·
Registered
677 Posts
Tikka Continental

I have the same gun in a .223. It is the most accurate gun I have ever owned. I put a Bushnell 4200 Elite, 4-16 A. O. and it is just great for the optics and the bigger scope size wise looks perfectly matched to the gun.

As for price I paid $ 625 and thought I was lucky to ever find one. You were blessed with your deal. Those open areas in Texas and the 7 Mag. should go together like bacon and eggs.... Great deal. Buckfever

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
It pays to go shopping! Found a great deal

ourabmen, good find. As for the scope a Leupold of course. :D

·
Registered
1,923 Posts

I have Leupoles on all my kickers but the 7mm doesn't kick to bad. Mine has a Leupole on it anyway. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts

Awesome deal. I just bought a T3 SS 7MM Mag and paid $600 for it and was excited about that deal. SS was pretty important to me since living on the coast of S.C., anything you can buy that won't rust is especially critical. Last week, there was so much humidity you could see the water in the air - no joking! I've decided to top mine with a Leupold, either the VXIII 3-10X50 or the European 3-9X50. Let us know how she shoots when you get to the range.

BT :D

·
Registered
322 Posts

Bucktrucker....if it's anything like the 2 t-3's I have I'll bet you get sub MOA with factory ammo. They are real shooters and the kind you're not afraid to really use. Let us know how it shoots. Both of mine are topped with Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44.....an awesome scope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts