Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Yeah, I saw that in the local papers and was saddened by it. Economic times are tough and apparently sales had fallen lately and the company couldn't keep up. I would like to see them stay in business doing something gun related - I just don't like the idea of one more guna maker having to close down - gives the wrong impression to the liberals that the demand isn't there. Ah well. Mikey.

·
1,876 Posts
Truly a sad day...I had heard that Ithaca was going to manufacture a bolt action fully rifled slug gun along the lines of the Mossberg 695...I guess that is out the window now. Ithaca also introduced a faster twist rifled slug gun barrel for the Model 37 that would have stabilized the high speed sabots more effectively. Oh well, another on bites the dust...Sad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man thats terrible

I really hate to see that happen to them. I bought a rifled cantilever slug barrel of theirs for one remington 870 2 years ago when the first came out and was totally impressed. That barrel is 2" longer than the Remingtons or the Hastings barrels. And I am here to tell yah that thing shoots incredible for a scoped slug gun now!! And it was half the price as the others 159.00 So if yah are in the market for a barrel and happen to run across a Ithaca barrel for the Remingtons on the shelf buy it up!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bought my first new shotgun at age 14, an Ithaca model 37, 20 gauge in 1956 for $99.95 with money earned from my paper route. The modified smoothbore 28" barrel was very accurate with slugs and provided my freezer with over 30 deer until I bought a 12 gauge, Rem. 870 rifled barrel slug gun in 1990. My with and children have used the Ithaca for several years but now sets in my gun safe unused as they all bought their own slug guns. Will never sell this gun as it has great sentimental value and still shoots as well now as in 1956.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Sad indeed..fine shotguns..
Schrade...now Ithaca we're losing some good ones guys !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts