Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Constantly I see pump shotguns compared, but never the Ithaca? Are they still a good shotgun? Have they fallen out of favor? What's is the story? I had one many years ago and I remember it as a nice shotgun.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
razmuz said:
Constantly I see pump shotguns compared, but never the Ithaca? Are they still a good shotgun? Have they fallen out of favor? What's is the story? I had one many years ago and I remember it as a nice shotgun.
Absolutely, a fine gun. Holding on to a small nitch in the present-day market, but completely updated to provide modern day materials and features. Take a peek!
http://www.ithacagun.com/

·
Registered
284 Posts
razmuz,
An Ithaca 37 is a little higher priced than most pump action shotguns. I think that keeps the average pump action shotgun purchaser away.

Otherwise, it's as good a shotgun as it ever was. I shot one several years ago and couldn't seem to miss, but it sure took its' toll on my shoulder...since it's so lite weight.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I love my M37. Handed down to me from my father-in-law. I did have to put a recoil pad on it. The light wieght 12 ga. killed me after a couple of days shooting Mtn. Quail and grouse with 1 1/8 oz loads. My shoulder screamed when I started to lift it into shooting position. Added recoil pad and that took care of the problem.

I know that I am not answering your question on the current M37. Nice thing about the M37 is the bottom ejection of the spent round. For years it was the standard shotgun for L.A.P.D. and L.A.S.O. Those old car worn shotguns turned brown and ugly. But they still functioned. I wonder what they are using now.

A left handed friend of mine in a L.E. agency whose standard is the Remington 870 allowed him to use a M37 Police Model for duty. It did very good along side the 870.

Siskiyou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts