Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a 12 gauge double made by J P Sauer. It has a polished nickel receiver and the words Fluss-Stahl on the left barrel and the words Krupp-Essen on the right barrel. the words are right at the chamber end and roll printed on the circumfrence. The wood is of a high grade and with checkering on the grip and the beaver tail forearm. The fit and finish of this piece is remarkable and I am itching to find out the value, age and model of this shotgun. Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
26,060 Posts
You haven't really provided enough info to help you to identify it. Is it a box lock or a side lock gun? Makes a HUGE difference in price.

The side lock is called a Sauer Artemis. Should have H&H type side locks with Greener crossbolt double underlugs, double sear safeties, selective single trigger, selective auto ejectors. Came in Grade I with fine line engraving and Grade II with full English arabesque engraving.

Grade I about $4300 and Grade II about $5300 in the condition you mention.

Or if a box lock price would run about $1450.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I know as much about German Shotguns as I do about flying the Space Shuttle. It has double triggers and non-selective ejectors. When you open the gun, there is a bar that comes out of the left side of the receiver. On the rear of the chambers, there is an ear with a hole in it that the bar goes through when it's closed. There are two locking lugs on the barrels. Barrels are 30" Full and Full with an ivory front bead. A duck taking flight from a pond is engraved on the underside of the receiver. Fine line checkering on both grip and forearm. The gun is 95% or better.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Do you really know how to fly the space shuttle? :eek: :eek: :eek: 8) 8) 8) :p :p :p

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never said I did. Come on, pay attention now. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sounds like it could be a Model 60, which is a boxlock. It's a good serviceable shotgun. Had a chance to shoot one while back, it was chocked ic and full. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts