Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the guy who played Kerim, the Turkish master spy in From Russia With Love? I looked him up to find what other pictures he was in. He was best known as an actor in his native country of Mexico.

Anyway, he was dying of terminal cancer during the filming of From Russia With Love, and could not finish his entire role before succumbing to the disease. Some of his scenes were performed by a body double.

I always liked he way he played that character.

·
Premium Member
9,994 Posts
Conan said:
Anyway, he was dying of terminal cancer during the filming of From Russia With Love, and could not finish his entire role before succumbing to the disease. Some of his scenes were performed by a body double.

Per IMDB: Died of self-inflicted gunshot wound in Los Angeles.[/color]
It's important to note that his self-inflicted gunshot suicide was prompted by his impending slow death from cancer,
something he obviously wished to avoid.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Pedro Armendariz was his name. He was an excellent actor and his appearance in some John Wayne movies is where I remember him from.

I went to see "From Russia With Love" when it came out. Had to look it up on wiki to see who played Kerim. 52 years is a long time to remember movie lore.

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only 52 years? The list of movies I want to watch and consdider to be fairly new include several that are in black and white from the 30s and 40s. I routinely watch Charlie Chan and Sherlock Holmes films from that era. Good stuff. It's taking me some time to adjust to color, but I'm OK with talkies now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.