1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by Jeff Foxworthy
>
> The " M " word...
> Have you ever wondered why it's OK to make jokes about Catholics, the Pope, Jews,
Chris tians, the Irish, the Italians, the Polish, the Chinese, the French
(including French Canadians), the elderly, bad golfers, men/women , blacks/whites,
etc, but its insensitive to make jokes about M uslims? Time to level the playing
field and be politically correct by including the M uslims!
>
>
> Jeff Foxworthy on M uslims:
>
> 1. If you grow and refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral objection to
liquor, You may be a M uslim.
>
> 2. If you own a $3,000 machine gun and a $5,000 rocket launcher, but you can't
afford shoes, You may be a M uslim.
>
> 3. If you have more wives than teeth, You may be a M uslim.
>
> 4. If you wipe your butt with your bare hand but consider bacon to be unclean, You
may be a M uslim.
>
> 5. If you think vests come in two styles: Bullet-proof and suicide. You may be a M
uslim
>
> 6. If you can't think of anyone you haven't declared jihad against, You may be a M
uslim.
>
> 7. If you consider television dangerous but routinely carry explosives in your
clothing, You may be a M uslim.
>
> 8. If you were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting
off roadside bombs, You may be a M uslim.
>
> 9. If you have nothing against women and think every man should own at least four,
You may be a M uslim.
>
>
> If you find this offensive and don't forward it, you are part of the problem in
America !
>
> If you delete this you are, most likely a M uslim.
>

>
> http://www.DuPont.com/corp/email_disclaimer.html
>

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
I personally thought it was funny. As for as "low brow", well ok. But that would make you "empty headed" given your views. I think "low brow" shows quite a bit of improvement over your condition.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Fits right in with all Jeff Foxworthys ******* jokes sound like things he would say to me.

Maybe you should lighten up there JSH1 before Bill reminds you about the rules against flaming posters.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
pastorp: That is the point of an internet hoax, you have to make it sound plausible. This is an old hoax that has been making the rounds on chain emails and message boards for a couple of years now.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
JSH1 said:
How do you feel about attributing things to people that they didn't say. A religious person might call that lying.

Well, I doubt ole Jeff would be offended, given it in no way insults Jeff. As far as the the jokes I'm reminded of the ole addage: many a truth spoken in jest.

The saddet part of the jokes is, they ARE the truth, and the fact that you as an American seem offended by them.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
JSH1 said:
Jeff Foxworth didn't say any of that crap. Posting chain emails again?

(Awful lowbrow for the Religious Forum too)

BTW. Aren't you the one that defends abortion as "freedom of choice"? How would you qualify as judging with you justifying murder.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
find these retorts whenever the Lefties cannot debate the substance of the claims. Since there are viable truths in the jests, the left attacks the messenger.
I have no doubt but most alert people know the bulk of these lists are not actual quoted from Jeff Foxworthy, George Carlin or Lucille Ball.
Since we are aware that the attribution is more often misapplied than not...let us just address the substance...if you can.. ;)

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
In another exercise in lefty-spin, Snopes took on the list..only stating that the list could not be attributed to Foxworthy..not giving mention to the humor involved, humor based in truth. Humor NEEDS an element of truth, or it fails..there is much truth here.

Snopes then goes on to add a list of jokes on the Taliban, scroll down and enjoy:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/humor/foxworthy.asp

JSH1: I doubt anyone here besides yourself was concerned with the attribution, since most we can presume ..knew better.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
ironglow said:
Still trying to "kill the messenger", rather than to deal with the message itself ?

There is nothing to "deal with" It is just a collection of offensive statements.

With that, I'm done. Apparently the Religious Discussion forum has sunk to the same low as the others in this sub-section of GBO. If the mods are fine with the forum being used to mock religious groups, so be it. Carry on folks.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Offensive statements ..containing a lot of truth ! We know of course you would never say offensive things about Christians..would you. ;) :D
You however, sound remarkably like Bwanna...He praises muslims...while complaining about Christians..

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
JSH1 said:
ironglow said:
Still trying to "kill the messenger", rather than to deal with the message itself ?

There is nothing to "deal with" It is just a collection of offensive statements.

With that, I'm done. Apparently the Religious Discussion forum has sunk to the same low as the others in this sub-section of GBO. If the mods are fine with the forum being used to mock religious groups, so be it. Carry on folks.

I find abortion, and anyone whom agrees with it "offensive"

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Look at it this way.. You are in a convention hall..it's getting warm and you start to detect the presence of smoke. Somebody shouts "fire"' Shpuld you:
A) Start moving towards the nearest exit?

or.....

B) Stay put and start inquiring if the person who shouted "fire" was authorized[/color] to do it ?

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
JSH1 said:
ironglow said:

Your just real proud of yourself ain't ya?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Argent11 said:
JSH1 said:
ironglow said:

Your just real proud of yourself ain't ya?
I was lost on him in his first post when he used a slang for excrement as a descriptor. Zero class, nonintellectual and tasteless...very offensive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.