Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the 3d I was walking the pup at 7:00AM and walking down the path to go back to the barn, there he stands all regal with bright 6 to 7" tines and wider, way wider than the ears. So there is a big fella around so I have up lifted heart.
Then last evening I am taking the pup for our evening walk and there he stands under the apple trees in the back yard (apples have been gone a month at least.) this time he turns his head and I count 4 on each side at about 50 yards.

We set a new day time high temp yesterday of 79F and may set a new record today so it sure does not feel like it is getting close to fire arm deer season.
One weather forecaster last evening who is a deer hunter said opening day forecast is for 70 in south east Michigan.

:) Al

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Sounds like a NICE buck! I saw a nice one the other day, so I put a game cam by my new blind, here's one of the picts it caught,

So maybe we will get nice bucks this year??

DM

·
Premium Member
9,713 Posts
The time's not on the pic, but I'll bet it was way past dark thirty.

Deer sometimes do some dopey things. Right in the middle of deer season a few years back, Patty and I were heading for the Soo from Engadine about nine in the morning. My buck was in the freezer. On M-28 just east of Newberry and before the airport, on the south side of the road there it was.....a huge buck breeding a doe smack in the middle of a potato field in plain view of the highway and a 360 degree circle of anyone else that cared to watch. I often wonder if he made it off that field.

I thought this was one of the neatest pictures off my trail camera a couple of years ago.

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neat picture.

My brother and I were coming home from our second jobs one year and there was a buck breading a doe right in the middle of the road. It was about a week before deer season.

Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts