Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
:-D :grin: Im so damn could ha gotta abe jumpin up and down to get my attention out there RR. Tell me about it son. King

·
Registered
637 Posts
Supposed to some freezing rain tonight but otherwise it looks like the winter weather is about to break here in MO. Now I'm down in the back!!

Nearest I've come to anything muzzleloader related lately was making some lead ingots from scrap in prep for casting massive quantities of bullets. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
CHECKIN'

yup, tickers still tickin' :grin: we'RE SUPPOSED TO GET 6-9 INCHES HERE TONIGHT. I still pplan on shootin' Sunday at the Linden 1/2 silhouette match iffin I have to wear snow shoes :D :D

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Is this a major happening?

Have been trying to kill a 14" dia. pine tree in the back field. Shooting it offhand at 50 yards with a .50 cal. flintlock at a height about 9" from the ground. How many shots will it take to kill it? Kill means "On the ground dead".

·
Registered
739 Posts
I killed a similar pine tree once. I made a few shots with the 30-06, but my primary weapon was the Ruger 10-22. I can't remember how many shots it took to saw it in two, I was consuming a carbonated beverage that came in a cylindrical aluminum container. It was made in St Louis.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
simon kenton,
"Cabin Fever" sure by God is an Insidious Disease......That a grown man would resort to slaying a defenseless little ole pine tree with a .22 rimfire long-rifle cartridge is pure desperation! I'll bet it stood proud for a long time under the heavy weight of snow, ice and gails before it went down under the shear crushing weight of lead!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Snowed in but not snowed out. Went out and shot a bit today just to see how my lyman did in the foul weather.
No complaints from me. Loaded it up and set it out in the elements for a few hours. Fired without a problem and best of all: right on target.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.