Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
24,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first one Ive seen and had to have it. Nights sights too so that was the clincher. I really like this little gun. Had a 26 and couldn't shoot that chubby thing. It was like holding on to a 2x4. this is much nicer in the hand. You give up half your mag capacity compared to a 26 but I don't think ill ever get into a situation where 6 rounds wont take care of it. Shot 20 rounds out the back door of mixed up handloads. Some light some heavy and it ran every one of them without a hiccup. Didn't even take it apart and clean and oil it. Pulled it out of the box and started shooting. they had a beautiful little compact sig there too that I would have liked to walk away with but it was 300 dollars more and I just don't have it anymore.

·
24,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
driving my wife crazy. I cant seem to put this little thing down. It feels so good in the hand. She took it away from me once :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore guns, hand guns for sure! Sheesh! I'll have to take a look at a 43 right after I get my new 40 ::)

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
If they make one in a 40... (same size) I'll have one.

CW

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
cwlongshot said:
CW
Me too... The 43's been around here for a while now and I've looked at them different times, but I'm holding out for a 40...

DM

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Drilling said:
cwlongshot said:
CW
Me too... The 43's been around here for a while now and I've looked at them different times, but I'm holding out for a 40...

DM

For now my Shield 40 will have to suffice. :)

CW

·
24,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
might have to check a shield out myself. I know my buddy really likes them
cwlongshot said:
Drilling said:
cwlongshot said:
CW

DM

CW

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Lloyd said:
might have to check a shield out myself. I know my buddy really likes them
cwlongshot said:
Drilling said:
cwlongshot said:
CW

DM

CW

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I've looked at and handled the 43 too. It is tempting but at the moment my Kahr P9 is holding on to the small single stack 9mm slot. It's actually lighter and smaller in every parameter except height since the little Kahr does have a longer grip. Hold 1 more round because of it though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have held the 43 at least 4 times in gun shops. I really want one but have the 26 and 42 for carry already. I am sure I'll get one in the near future. I am thinking of selling my 42 to help fund it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For any of you Glock Folks considering the kahr compact 9, DON'T! Got one for my wife because she wanted a small gun to carry. What a mistake! We have always had Glocks,19,17, and 26. NEVER had a ftf or jam. When we bought the Kahr the salesman told us to not come fussing to him about the gun until we had fired 500 rounds through it. Should have given it right back to him. I could hardly rack the slide, it was so tight. every 3rd or 4th shot it would jam. got online and all the sites said there was a 500 to 600 round break in period. Crap, all my glocks could be trusted right out of the box to be carried. Don't get me wrong, the little gun was accurate, but i am not trusting my wife, or my chlidrens lives to a weapon that my or my not function when you need it. Even after 750 rounds, yes i counted, the gun was still so tight I still had trouble with chambering a round, and it would still jam from time to time. Traded for a G43 and NEVER looked back. after 1000 rounds, not one ftf or jam. FLAWLESS. Love me some black square ugly guns!!

·
24,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
been shooting the snot out of this one for 8 months now and it hasn't ONCE missed a beat with factory ammo or handloads and passed my 500 round test without cleaning with flying colors. Typical glock. Uglier then all get up but if shtf it would make me feel warm and fuzzy to have it on my side.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
My G43 hasn't missed at tick in the past 1000 rounds. Typical of the other Glocks I have in 9mm and 45GAP. Just keeps running. All I've done is add the Truglo TFO sights and keep it clean. It's a keeper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts