Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around for a used Mark II for some time and my local outdoors store had one used in very good condition, for $275, its the target model, two mags, the one with the adjustable rear sight, blued. Looked good and felt very comfortable in my hand, as compared to a brand new 22/45 from Ruger...didn't like the feel of it at least for me.

Was that a good deal?

Joe

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Very good target model for $275...yes!

...Chris

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Sounds good,I have two both target models.The first one is a Mark II with the 6 7/8 barrel I bought when the mark II first came out.Its been super and at one time had a scope onit and man will it shoot.
The 2nd one is a 22/45 with a 4 inch target bull barrel,its main use is my woods gun as it is very accurate and eaiser to pack in a holster.You will enjoy the purchase and get alot of use out of it!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am really looking forward to trying it out! Will start with the adjustable rear sight but I think I will wantto go with a red dot or regular scope. Reading other posts it looks like there are options even though this one is not drilled and tapped.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Mine isn't drilled & tapped either,and if memory searves me right I used a mount from weaver and it worked good.Then I saw one from burris that I wished I had tried.Always wanted to try a red dot sight but never got around to it.The scops I used one was 2x and other was 4x which was too much for me with very limited view.The 2x worked well and I colud shoot a full clip at 50 yards and most would be touching.Worked great for head shots on squirrel.Let us know what you go with and how it works out for you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I became interested in Rugers after shooting a KMKII678GC. Went from the range to my favorite gunshop. Decided I liked the sights and grip on the KMKIII678H (Hunter better). A bit later I found a deal on a 22/45 (PMKIII512) I couldn't pass up. Both shoot like a dream, especially after doing the VQ trigger/sear upgrades. Always wondered about the GC. Found one at a gun show at a very attractive price. Turns out I didn't like the thumbrest grips, so I've added Hogue grips to the GC. I don't shoot it as well as I do the other two, yet. I really can't figure that part out. I'd like to blame the pistol or the ammo, but I have a feeling the problem lies just slightly behind the rear sight.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I found one new in the box over a year ago, 5.5"target bull, $450, I jumped on it. I have a retired friend from Ruger who said that model was the best of the best. It is a joy to shoot, I have done nothing to the gun other than change the grips and the clip release. I also have a MK1 7.5 tapered barrel target, it is very accurrate, wears a red dot, but the fun gun is the MK2.
Jim

·
Registered
382 Posts
I picked up a MK II 678GC this spring. It shoots great. I put an Ultradot LT on it. That really extends its range. Since then I have added a MK III 512 and a MK III Hunter. Both are accurate, but reliability problems forced me to put in a new bolt into the Hunter. Now it works fine.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hey there shooters,

I have a MII "slabside" with a 2X Leupold which shoots simply great!!

I had Leupold adjust the paralax for 25yds and with ammo it favors, it will shoot 10 shots into a ragged hole at that range.

It is indeed a "min. of grouse head shooter" which is what I wanted.

Problem with the whole package is, if I miss a grouse I can never put the blame on the MII.

Keep em coming!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been busy with Christmas and the deer season so little time and so many things to do. Tried out the MkII once, what a blast! I need to work out the rear adjustment because its hitting upper right @ 15yds. offhand shooting. Several jams though using REM 22 THUNDERBOLTS. I will need to try this with the adjustments to the sight, but I think I will opt for a small red dot scope. These old eyes ain't what they used to be.

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts