Graybeard Outdoors banner

1041 - 1048 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
The 44 Bodeen(s) are wildcat rounds that were thought of originally by a member Bikerbeans and him and I made the first reamer and created the Bodeen rimmed cartridge.
It is a 9.3 x 74 R case blown out to 44 caliber and is essentially a 444 Marlin that has a 2.9” long case. The Bodeen belted magnum is the 375 H&H case blown out to 44 caliber.
To think of it in another way it is like a 458 Lott but 44 cal. Instead of 45 cal. Both are long strait walled cartridges and built from H&R 444 Marlin barrels. They are from the Profino Improved cartridges.
jedman
Hey, that sounds like a pretty cool cartridge. I have a .444 Marlin, but I'll have to be on the lookout for another .444 Marlin barrel to make one of these 44 Bodeen. When you made yours, did you buy or rent the reamer?

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
As I stated we made it . It was a D bit style reamer and heat treating it was somewhat difficult as all we had were propane torches but we got it done and it worked quite well.

jedman

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Again I remember another H&R that I have, A 12 ga. Topper deluxe that has the matte nickel receiver, vent ribbed barrel with screw in chokes, walnut checkered stocks w/ recoil pad. That brings me currently to 20.
In the past 20 years I have owned many more handi rifles and shotguns but they come and go quite frequently.

jedman

·
Registered
259 Posts
44 H&R, 17 NEF. Just about every caliber ever offered, and some more. I don't have one in 300 BLK, though. Still looking for one of those.
Make that 46 + 17. Just picked up a couple more. I was set to get a 300 AAC, too, but the seller became overcome with his inherent greed. Way too much hype on the Blackouts, anyway. I guess that's why I've never gotten one - they're all priced way beyond their value.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The 44 Bodeen(s) are wildcat rounds that were thought of originally by a member Bikerbeans and him and I made the first reamer and created the Bodeen rimmed cartridge.
It is a 9.3 x 74 R case blown out to 44 caliber and is essentially a 444 Marlin that has a 2.9” long case. The Bodeen belted magnum is the 375 H&H case blown out to 44 caliber.
To think of it in another way it is like a 458 Lott but 44 cal. Instead of 45 cal. Both are long strait walled cartridges and built from H&R 444 Marlin barrels. They are from the Profino Improved cartridges.

jedman
Dangggggg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just how many H&R + NEF Rifles, Shotguns, Rimfires does this forum own!!!

We must represent a large amount of the business.

Tim has 46 (just read that in another thread).

I have 39 complete frames and barrels.

That is a total of 85[/color] so far...

Add yours to the total.
Seven frames and nine bbls are enuf for me like how many shootin' poles does one need ? I can't fault any of 'em, they've provided me decades of fun and reloading experiments. I regret they're not in business anymore. I have a sidebar about H&R though which may tickle some people. Remember when they made "Officer's Model" Trapdoor Springfields ? Back in 1987 when Navy Arms bought H&R parts inventory per bankruptsy sale I was in Navy Arms showroom and spied two H&R Trapdoor Springfield PISTOLS which Val Forgett told me were novelties. I bought one (photo on request) and I've never seen any others for sale. Any corroborating comments from the ranks here ? I'm really curious how many of these exist. (Mine is not for sale by the way, - how could I replace it ?) Just sharing info. Cheers, - Vince

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Vince, I would like to see a pic of your trapdoor pistol ! I have never heard of them being made and like the rolling block pistol and martini auctioned pistol it would be very cool.
I have 2 of the H&R trapdoor rifles, the officers model and the Calvary carbine models.

jedman

·
Registered
259 Posts
51 + 17. Just picked up 5 more, 1 like new & 4 NIB. I see there's a 444 Marlin for sale on GBO that would be cool to use to make into jedman's 44 Bodeen , but too expensive and I'm too broke.

1041 - 1048 of 1048 Posts