Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went through the process of have Alan Siegrist rebore and rifle a K22 barrel(one year wait) then sending my S&W model 15 the barrel and a K22 cylinder to Andy Horvath everything to build me a K32 in .327 Federal(about nine months wait).
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Andy is a great person & gunsmith. I have 2 S&W revolvers made by him converted to.32 long. Did you get it back yet? Have a 16-4 in .32 mag he reamed to .327. Recently had another cylinder made to .327 to make a 3” full lug round butt carry gun. Lucky to have found a 16-4 4” barrel to cut down to 3”. Larry

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, see my pictures in my original post.
Steve

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nicely done...

I had Jack Huntington basically do the same but started with a Model 53 .22 Jet with the extra rimfire cylinder... Had an old barrel that was rebored so it can be put back to original if some future owner wanted to...

Much better shooter as .327 than a Jet...

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RJM, I wish I could find just a S&W model 53 hammer for another conversion i'm considering(.224 Harvey Kaychuck)?
Steve

·
Registered
164 Posts
RJM, I wish I could find just a S&W model 53 hammer for another conversion i'm considering(.224 Harvey Kaychuck)?
Steve

They are around...I see them quite often... Do a saved search on GunBroker and ebay and they will send notification when one shows up....

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already talked to him way beyond my price range and I wouldn't need the trigger. Probably someone who strips old guns down to sell for parts?
Steve

·
Registered
164 Posts
To make sure...Mike is not the one selling the hammer/trigger on ebay...

So Mike had one and it was too much money?

A question on your build...what model frame are you using? Trying to understand why you need a Jet hammer...

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Andy is a great person & gunsmith. I have 2 S&W revolvers made by him converted to.32 long. Did you get it back yet? Have a 16-4 in .32 mag he reamed to .327. Recently had another cylinder made to .327 to make a 3” full lug round butt carry gun. Lucky to have found a 16-4 4” barrel to cut down to 3”. Larry
Just sent my 617 to Andy along with a .22WRM cylinder to have fitted for a dual cylinder handgun.
Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts