Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking for some time for a good carry gun. I had my heart set on a Kahr k9 until I started reading posts on glocktalk in the Kahr forums. It seems as if a lot of people have had to send there Karh's back to the factory. Is it just the polymer Kahr people are having trouble with or all the Kahrs? I really prefer a all metal pistol so polymer was not an issue. If kahr's really have all sorts of reliability problems I think I might get a Glock 19. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Give me Glocks over Kahrs anytime. Has nothing to do with performance but with the way they fit my hand. I find Kahr's to be too small for my taste. Lawdog
:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like my GLOCK 22 alot. I was carring a GLOCK 27 for back up while on duty but recently switched to a KAHR PM9 and would not switch back for anything. The KAHR rides so much nicer on the ankle in a DeSantis rig than the 27 ever did.

I agree......Slim line GLOCK would be huge seller!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I carry my G19 in a Fobus holster for ccw. I have no problem carrying in shorts and a t-shirt. It is a very comfortable carry. I absolutely love my G19, great gun.

Tbull

·
Registered
86 Posts
You will not have a problem with a k9. Most of the kahr problems have been on the pm40's. K9's have been dead reliable for quite awhile now. I have an mk9 elite and it is a fantastic gun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have been looking for some time for a good carry gun. I had my heart set on a Kahr k9 until I started reading posts on glocktalk in the Kahr forums. It seems as if a lot of people have had to send there Karh's back to the factory. Is it just the polymer Kahr people are having trouble with or all the Kahrs? I really prefer a all metal pistol so polymer was not an issue. If kahr's really have all sorts of reliability problems I think I might get a Glock 19. Any thoughts?
I've owned an MK9, a K9, and a first-production run P9. All ran flawlessly. The only problem I ever had was the penchant for the spare mags to 'vomit' rounds if carried in a pocket

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wife has a Kahr. Never jammed once. Probably about 500 rounds through it.
I have a couple of Kahr pistols a PM9 and a P380 both have been totally reliable for me. Some younger shooters may not like the triggers if they started during the " Glock age" but old guys like me who started with double action revolvers will appreciate the smooth action of Kahr triggers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts