Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a couple of cheap Indian-style blankets to put on my posse's loading/unloading tables. They would keep our rifles and shotguns from getting scrached up on the rough surfaces (our tables are out in the elements all the time 24/7)
Some might want these scraches but I would like to keep my long gun looking good for a few more shoots.

·
Registered
386 Posts
blankets

Sounds like a good idea to me...I was thinking of wearin one of those old indian blanket ponchos and just laying it down.
db

·
Registered
59 Posts
Keeping rifles from getting scrached up on

Most of the clubs around here put a piece of carpet on the tables . Then after the shoot they pick them up and put them in a dry place . :)

·
Registered
470 Posts

You can tack a piece of carpet right to the table. But be sure and put the tacks on one of the sides, and just one side. Don't put them on top so they won't work themselves loose right where your rifle lays. You can then flip it over to clean, dry, etc. if needed and it stays attached (won't blow off).

·
Registered
188 Posts

Both clubs I shoot at regularly, have boat style carpeting on the tables that we lay or arms on, but in spite of the effort, I still get scratches on my '73. What happens is when the brass is policed and set on the table, small pebbles are inadvertantly placed on the table also, thus the scratches, used to bother me a bit but the fun out weighed this nuance, guess it's inevitable. RR :roll:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

For the brass I made some boxes that hold the spent brass. Saves having them roll all around the table. Also have seen rope baskets used for this

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts

!!BOY!! You shore are a handy fellar, Ranger!!! Might purty box!! I can see its usefulness! But I bet you better not turn your back on it!! That's mighty temptin' even for an honest hombre!!

·
Registered
111 Posts

Heyya Cheyenne

Dang it all, that brass box thingy is a way cool piece of equipment. Did you make a bunch of em for the club? That is really a good idea. I may have to plagerize it.

·
Registered
18,405 Posts

your right handy with the tools and i can see the art teacher come out in the design. very good work.
ps--ol norm abhrams at the yankee workshop would be envious and appreciative.
blessings

·
Registered
110 Posts

The Mississippi Regulators have indoor-outdoor carpet on their tables.

Lone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts