Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What calibers would you recomend for couger hunting, Have every thing from .357, 10mm, 44 mag, 357 lever, 30-06, 7mm wby mag and even lots of 12 guages if required, and worst case I would have to go by a new gun. Darn :) . Well would be hunting in western Washington in the thicker timber and clear cuts. Any ideas on caliber of choice.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Depends on if you are going to hunt the lions (predator calling), or just shoot them after a pack of dogs has it at bay or treed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Britt,I live in Eastern,Wa. and I use a Marlin 1894C 357mag. levergun for varmint with Federal American Eagle 158gr. SP ammo average velosity is around 1740fps. I haven't shot anything but a cottontail with it yet. But I would'nt feel undergunned with this combo for them larger kitty's.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well im not that experienced but from what ive heard its not all that hard to kill a kitty i would take a .223 or .243 for anything to bobcats to cougars
but if you want real fun and are very afraid of being "undergunned" i suppose the 416 would do a fine job :lol:

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.