Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the smallest Kowa spotters (series 500)? Are they worth the money, or should I look elsewhere. I've checked the swivel eyepiece Bushnell spacemasters and liked the optics but have doubts over their long term integrity wrt ingress of dust/moisture etc. through their 'pivot'. The Kowa's seem like a more robust/longer term item.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 2 small Kowa's I have looked through in the last couple of years were not worth the money, only the center of the view was in focus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FWT1712: FWIIW, I have owned & used a Bushnell Spacemaster since the Kowa's were too rich for my budget. I got lucky and picked one up just south of $200. And compared to the baby Kowa's they are optically superior. As for holding up, after 4 years mine is still just as new after hauling it around and flying a few times with it.

Are they as good as a big Kowa...no. Nothing compares.

I browsed eBay and see there are a number of variants of "Bushnell Spacemaster". Mine is the "rubberized" type 20-45 similar to the link. For under $125 I think these are a good starter spotting scope. But after looking through some of the big Kowa's you may want to go top shelf long term.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31715&item=7166658421&rd=1

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any of you folks out there have any input on Leupold Sequoia or Nikon Sky & Earth 15-45 x 60 angled spotting scopes? Would appreciate any information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts