Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's seems to me there is a lot less post on here since the new layout.
Or is it just me?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Posts are down sitewide from what I've seen. Not sure why so many are having an issue with it. I like this new format and I'm a pretty low tech guy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not crazy with this new site............The International Mustang BULLITT Owner's site is now the same and absolutely horrible to navigate. A lot of older members don't post any longer..............
If it's not broken.............don't let some Chinese Company fix it!
Sooner or later you will see tons of ads on here and a few posts here and there!
See IMBOC.com

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I wish Mr.old man greybeard would start a new sight just like the old one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. how bout you?

·
Super Moderator
50,971 Posts
I wish Mr.old man graybeard would start a new sight just like the old one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. how bout you?
Matt & Bill did just that late last year, not too many posting there at first, but since the change here, there certainly are more new posts there than here.

Tim

·
Registered
90 Posts
Donot blame it on the new foremat, the site has changed long before this. I came here in 2002 to learn about Contenders, and I did. I no longer see this as a gun site, it is a site where venom can be spread easily. I differed with a political post and was called a troll, because of that difference of opinion. People like Conan the assarian, have their following and spread their venom. This site has no future. Good Bye!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think a lot of people, probably especially the older ones, aren't real thrilled with the software change.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Matt & Bill did just that late last year, not too many posting there at first, but since the change here, there certainly are more new posts there than here.
Tim
I checked out the other site again. I had checked it out back when it first came up. H&R Classifieds last posts are still from 2014, except one from 2019. From what could tell, posting seemed to be even lower than on this site. A thread I replied to yesterday on this site is also on the other site, but last post there in that thread is from 2019. Maybe some forums are more active than others. I never understood the point of running 2 sites, each a shadow of the other and splitting everything & everyone into 2 sites. First splitting into 2 sites, then changing software, seems to have caused quite a fracturing of the community here.

There were some names on this site who used to post regularly (Korean War vet - don't recall his name, Dee from Texas, Doublebass from NH, to name a few) - haven't seen anything from those guys since the change here. Yeah, there was some bickering name-calling, but I just ignored it & moved on. Some sites gives users the ability to mark a user's posts to be invisible. Perhaps that's all that's needed to eliminate the problem when others want to leave because of insults.

·
Super Moderator
10,877 Posts
...don't let some Chinese Company fix it!
This site is CANADIAN owned now, not Chinese.

...I came here in 2002...People like Conan the assarian, have their following and spread their venom. This site has no future. Good Bye!
BS Flag on the field. Come On Man! By your own admission and the site's counter, you've wracked up an unimpressive 90 posts in 18 years! Tell us how much it hurt your feelings. Conan left almost a year and a half ago. You seem awfully thin skinned. The members test the validity of opinions here and you didn't defend yours? Own it! You've mostly been INACTIVE here so, No Net Loss.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
The news and editorial departments have suffered a decline. Oh well. At least the Trolls went with them.

·
Super Moderator
50,971 Posts
Matt explained the reason he created the GBO Reloaded site and the history of Graybeard Outdoors.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
50,971 Posts
For site navigation help or feature tutorials see the FAQ in the 3 dot top right menu or in help at the bottom of most pages.

Tim

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I just on't like the new format and II have to ry repaeatedly to get post to go through. My puter locks up up sometimes on this site too. Never had tht before.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I originally joined in 2003 and I use to post when it was a hunting and fishing site. Over the years it became a Political site and if you didn't agree with a few posters you were a troll. I remember a few years back lamenting about the severe lack of any posting firearm related, I was told it was because of the wrong time of the year. Well apparently there is no right time of the year as it you look at firearm sections there is nothing there.

As far as ads go I have never had a problem with them as I run ad blockers.

The GBO Reloaded is the same as this site, I posted a few times on gun related topics and now the same crowd that was here posting on political topics are there and that is all there is on there anymore. Both are dead forums!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts