Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
8,940 Posts
:-D , Welcome aboard Beckerhead, There is a bunch of fine guys here, so come often and stay late, it's a fine place to be. And if you want to swap those laminated for a brand new set of synthetics just let me know, perhaps we can work it out. Swaps like this have been done many times before between members here and have worked out well for all, stocks, barrels, etc, etc, etc. I have often thought of a Tamer for my 45-70 for a "walking around gun" myself but have yet to find anyone who has both a Tamer with .410 stocks and a 45-70 shell to try it for fit. I do have a H&R "Survivor" buttstock and a "Storarm Forearm" on my coyote gun and it does work GREAT for carrying through the woods all day and is light and easy to hold steady, thats why I set it up that way, if your interested I could try to post a picture of it....<><.... :grin:

(think about the stock swap, decide which new synthetic set you want and let me know,either in a PM or here on the board, are your older set a grey or camo color?...Thanks)

· Premium Member
8,940 Posts
Plenty of room for all needed survival gear with the exception of a tent,tarp, or sleeping bag. First aid gear, signaling mirror, small ball compass, matches, firestarters, twine, fish hooks, etc all can fit and don't weigh much, still less than the laminate stock set. I do have a small aluminized sleeping sack in a belt pack at my camp that might even fit in the buttstock, just thought of it, it's about the size of a double deck of cards. I might try to get it in the buttstock and pack the smaller stuff around it next time I'm up at camp...Good Luck to you, I think you will like the survivor stock, try one out....<><.... :grin:

· Premium Member
8,940 Posts
Here you go Marlinman, I'm not a wiz with the camera but below is a picture of my 19" .280 Remington "Thunderboomer" with a Survivor stock and "Storearm forearm", it has been fitted with a Williams peepsight and a front sight from a .22 Hornet which is the highest front sight made by H&R/NEF for the Handi's. It makes a dandy "truck gun", light, short, powerful and accurate.
The second gun is my coyote special for Maine, a .22 Mag Sportster with a Survivor buttstock and a storearm forearm. It is topped with a Millet Red Dot and will shoot 1" groups at 100 with the proper ammo if I do my part!! Light, easy to carry, accurate, and very easy to hold and shoot with the survivor stock.
The last is my newest Handi, a .22 LR Sportster with the standard synthetic stocks set replaced with wood and iron sights from a .22 Hornet fitted to the barrel, a real squirrel killer for the back yard with .22 Super Colibri's!!!

Hope this picture helps....<><.... :grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.