Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who sells these blanks or small pieces of laminated wood for stock carving or hobby work. I often carve my own stocks for my slab sided handguns and am looking for some laminated wood in any color configuration.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Klash: You might try Boyds or Richards microfit, if nothing wlse they may be willing to sell a whole stock that has been scraped out at a bargain and you would have plenty of wood for several grips. :D JIM

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jhm,
I can't open Boyd's web site, otherwise I'd email them. I purchased from Richard's years ago but don't know their phone number or web address. Do you have it? Hopefully, someone here on the forum has some junk they want to get rid of. Ruger marketed a stock a while back in a burgandy for their model 77 and I'd love to get a hold of some of that.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Richards Microfit is located in Sun valley, California (the Los Angeles area). Your directory assistance operator can find the number for you.

They have a web site as well, and YES, when I was there last fall, they had lots of scrap blocks from laminated rifle stocks.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Flash: I will need a day or two to find the two address you need if someone else has them I am sure they will share with you :D JIM

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Flash: Sorry I had to drop you like I did but we have had someone pass a-way and was kinda in a hurry, but here is what I have for you: [email protected] will get you into boyds and for richards microfit here you go: p.o. box 1066, 8331 North San Fernando Rd. Sun Valley, Ca. 91352 tel. 818-767-6097 E-mail [email protected] Hope this info is current as its all I have. :D JIM

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
You might also try the knife makers supply houses such as Jantz supply. Also the wood turners supply houses.. Several are listed on the internet. All can supply various colored laminated wood and micartas in sizes for pistol grips. The wood turners supply housers are also excellant places for ebony and tropical hardwoods for pistol grips, rifle forend tip and rifle pistol grip caps.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I managed to log onto Richard's web site and WOW!! Thanks guys for all your help. I just ordered 5 project blocks in different colors that should yeild enough grips to pay for the stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.