Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have scopes on two muzzleloader rifles, two encore 15 inch handguns, weaterby mark V and Ruger Mark II. None of these are lapped.

I do not know how to lap for a scope and need advice and directions on what and where to buy the lap tool.

It is not hunting season here and time to tune and play.

Thanks

Fred

·
Registered
124 Posts
Better yet go to Handgunhunt.com - there is an article regarding the Burris pos-align inserts for the Burris signature rings. No need to lap when using this system.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree with you Coltfan, I have the Burris Signature Zee rings on my .30 Bellm barrel and they are almost too easy to align properly. Was almost hoping I'd have an alignment problem so I could try the offset inserts they sell for them. All I did was center the scope optically, mount the rings and scope according to the directions with the rings and gave it a shot; was less than 1/2" low and left at 25yds.
Helicopter Bill

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another option....

HappyHunter, I agree w/ Coltfan and helobill about the Burris Signature rings. They've now become my "standard" ring. :grin: I've lapped scope rings in the past using the tool from Sinclair. It certainly works, but can sometimes take "quite a while."

Another option is reaming the scope rings, as described at this link: http://www.bellmtcs.com/FAQ/rings.htm Although I've never personally reamed a scope ring, I've read where others have had good experiences w/ it. 8) I'll probably do this in the future instead of lapping.

Gary T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts